Poor Saddam (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:38:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Poor Saddam (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Poor Saddam  (Read 6078 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: November 06, 2006, 02:07:46 AM »

No it doesn't, Dave.

George Bush has killed far more Iraqis than Saddam, and no doubt he will die in patrician comfort some decades hence.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 01:14:46 PM »

I wonder if the people here who are claiming that Saddams trial was "rigged" and other such nonsense would have said the same things about the Nüremburg trials.

Saddams trial was rigged by the invasion.  Of course trials are always about imposing the will of the powerful upon the powerless, so the idea of a 'fair' one is completely mythical.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 03:31:04 AM »

You should know, angus, that the people of which you speak - either asians in general or their 'UN caucus' have absolutley no power to effect the human rights abuses of the empire.  And if the purpose of such a prosecution would be to increase their sensible hatred of said empire, I'm sure it would be impossible to do so.

I saw an interesting story on TV here the other day, regarding Bush's ill-considerd visit to Indonesia:  Before the Iraq aggression, the great majority of Indonesians polled viewed the US favorably.  Now, of course nearly all of them hate the US.  It makes one wonder - how were Hitler and Germany viewed before Poland?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies