Poor Saddam (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:43:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Poor Saddam (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Poor Saddam  (Read 6057 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: November 06, 2006, 02:12:12 PM »

Old tyrants are not executed, they are exiled or murdered. Sometimes the murderer calls it an "execution" - Ceausescu, Zulfikar Bhutto, perhaps Saddam now - but that doesn't change the facts.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 02:20:33 PM »

Old tyrants are not executed, they are exiled or murdered. Sometimes the murderer calls it an "execution" - Ceausescu, Zulfikar Bhutto, perhaps Saddam now - but that doesn't change the facts.
Well, I'm sure the hundreds of thousands of Kurds slaughtered by Saddam wouldn't care what it was called. Tongue
They're dead, so indeed they don't care.
But then they don't care whether he is killed in the first place.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 03:27:43 PM »

Well, I'm sure the hundreds of thousands of Kurds slaughtered by Saddam wouldn't care what it was called. Tongue
They're dead, so indeed they don't care.
But then they don't care whether he is killed in the first place.
Perhaps...depends on one's views on afterlife matters. Tongue But the Kurdish survivors of those massacres do care.

And addressing the point you seem to be making. I do think the death penalty is overused and not subject to enough oversight. But sometimes, it is appropriate, and killing one of the worst war criminals alive today is something I consider appropriate.
It's probably bad politics. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies