House Results thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:58:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  House Results thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17]
Author Topic: House Results thread  (Read 54410 times)
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: November 13, 2006, 10:48:47 PM »

Courtneys lead is cut from 166 votes to 66 votes after an official added an extra 100 votes to Courtney's tally. 2/3 of the communities have recounted so far.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #401 on: November 13, 2006, 10:52:21 PM »

Thought I'd post this here:

[big picture]

The education and income numbers are the most interesting.

What percentage of the white evangelical/born-again Christian vote do the Democrats usually get, if you know?  29% seems oddly high, given that I can think of... exactly zero high-profile people in that group who would even think about complimenting the Democrats, much less voting for them.

The Christian Left. It's a smaller movement than the Christian Right, certainly, but it exists. They're the "good Christians".

Of course, some very impoverished evangelicals may vote Democrat as well, especially if they are also in unions.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #402 on: November 13, 2006, 11:21:40 PM »

According to the AP, Reichert has been declared the winner in the WA-08 race.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/politics/story/3418488p-12554564c.html

He leads by roughly 4,727 votes, with a certain amount of absentee ballots left from King and Pierce counties undoubtedly.

Darcy Burner is not conceding as of this moment.

Also, from what I hear, Courtney gained about 40 votes from a miscounting in Lyme, CT, so the lead is up to 107 votes, with about 40% of the townships reporting.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #403 on: November 14, 2006, 07:52:30 PM »

JD Hayworth has conceded.

In other news, with 61 out of 65 towns reporting, Joe Courtney leads Rob Simmons by 91 votes.  The count must be done by this evening.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #404 on: November 15, 2006, 06:47:56 PM »

I finally saw the TV ad for myself...

...shades of Phil Maloof. Shocked

Another victory of norteno candidate selection! Roll Eyes
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #405 on: November 22, 2006, 01:38:51 PM »

A couple of more things to add here as of today:

1.  In OH-02, Jean Schmidt (R) has clinched re-election with a 3,200-vote lead, with less than that amount of votes still outstanding.  Wulsin has not conceded yet, but trust me, it's over.  A lot of times in these close races, the losing candidates concede defeat long after they've actually lost, mainly because I think it takes them time to accept that fact.

2.  Gov. Rick Perry announced the date for the runoff in TX-23 as being Tuesday, December 12, roughly under three weeks from now.

Along with LA-02, which is heading to runoff between two Democrats, this leaves three House races still outstanding:

FL-13:  In which Christine Jennings is headed to court claiming that the electronic voting machines did not count votes for her.

NC-08:  Where Robin Hayes leads by 339 votes and Larry Kissell has requested a recount.  I highly doubt will change this result, but a recount in this close of a race is entirely fair.

OH-15:  Where Deborah Pryce leads by roughly 3,000 votes and there's still, I think, about 15-20,000 absentees and provisionals left to count.  We should probably have the final numbers by this weekend.  I doubt this switches either, but it's only fair to wait.

That's about it...
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #406 on: November 29, 2006, 11:49:19 PM »

To do some last-minute updating....

Larry Kissell has "unofficially" conceded to Robin Hayes, presumably unless he picks up another 8-10 votes tomorrow, which would be what is necessary to force a hand recount.

http://www.wwaytv3.com/Global/story.asp?S=5747211&nav=menu70_2

In OH-15, a automatic recount is still going on, but with Pryce leading by 1,055 votes, the chances the race switches are close to nil probably.

That would leave FL-13 as the last "open" race, and I think that one, with all the court action, is probably going into next year.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #407 on: November 30, 2006, 12:41:05 AM »

big SadSadSadSadSadSadSadSad on Kilroy.  Hope she runs again
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #408 on: December 01, 2006, 02:17:52 PM »

Big Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad that Foley-phile Pryce is almost certain to hold on

Dave
Deano963

« Reply #409 on: December 01, 2006, 03:02:31 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2006, 03:11:38 PM by Deano963 »

Big Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad that Foley-phile Pryce is almost certain to hold on

Dave

Don't worry too much guys. Her district is pretty much flying left, and the dismal turnout in Franklin County (mostly Columbus which voted for Kilroy) this year saved Pryce. Turnout in Franklin county was 7% lower than turnout statewide. 2008 is a Presidential year so Pryce cannot count on low turnout to save her ass again. John Kerry beat George Bush in Franklin County by over 41,000 votes in '04, Kilroy only beat Pryce by 7,000. A similar turnout like '04 will doom Pryce if she has a strong challenger again. If Kilroy were to run again, she would win - and that's coming from someone who almost never makes predictions, let alone two years out.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #410 on: December 01, 2006, 03:06:15 PM »

Kilroy won't have Strickland/Blackwell coattails again and Foley will be well out of voters' minds in 2008.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #411 on: December 01, 2006, 03:09:15 PM »

Her district is pretty much flying left

If that was the case she would have lost. Unless Columbus used to be like the north Atlanta suburbs.
Deano963

« Reply #412 on: December 01, 2006, 03:16:17 PM »

Kilroy won't have Strickland/Blackwell coattails again and Foley will be well out of voters' minds in 2008.

That's assuming she has Strickland/Brown coattails this time, which turnout numbers suggest she did not. Pryce will also be forced to vote on numerous bills on the Democratic agenda for the next two years, and she will actually have to prove her so-called "moderate" status. Any whiff of an extreme right-wing voting record in this district and she is gone.
Deano963

« Reply #413 on: December 01, 2006, 03:19:56 PM »

Her district is pretty much flying left

If that was the case she would have lost.

That's some shady logic buddy. She won be a much slimmer margin than she has ever won before even with with weaker turnout in Kilroy's base of support - that alone suggest the district is moving left, as well as the Presidential vote share in the district for the past few cycles. The fact that she still eeked out a win does not mean the district is not moving left.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #414 on: December 01, 2006, 03:35:36 PM »

How so?

You should note that I'm not objecting to the idea that the Columbus area has, over the past decade or so, swung towards the Democrats.
Deano963

« Reply #415 on: December 01, 2006, 03:52:18 PM »

How so?

You should note that I'm not objecting to the idea that the Columbus area has, over the past decade or so, swung towards the Democrats.

B/c you said that if it was true the district was moving left then Pryce would have lost. That's not necessarily true. It's much more likely the demographics just haven't caught up with her yet, and like I said before a Presidential-level voter-turnout in '08 will likely do the trick. And let's not forget that she massively outpsent Kilroy in this race.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #416 on: December 01, 2006, 03:53:57 PM »

B/c you said that if it was true the district was moving left then Pryce would have lost.

No I didn't. I objected to "pretty much flying to the left", something which sounds to me a lot different to "moving left".
Deano963

« Reply #417 on: December 01, 2006, 04:12:06 PM »

B/c you said that if it was true the district was moving left then Pryce would have lost.

No I didn't. I objected to "pretty much flying to the left", something which sounds to me a lot different to "moving left".

Whatever. That dosen't make logical sense either, for the exact same reasons.
NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -2.26

« Reply #418 on: December 01, 2006, 04:27:59 PM »

Whatever. That dosen't make logical sense either, for the exact same reasons.

Advice to Deano963- don't take on Al about things like this unless you are prepared to lose.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies