Thank you, America (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:38:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Thank you, America (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Thank you, America  (Read 5345 times)
Umengus
Belgium

« on: November 08, 2006, 10:22:16 AM »

I sincerely thank the voters of America for tonight's results.

The sad thing is, there are about dozen policy points that America needs from Democrats that the American people don't want.  Americans voted out the GOP because grumbling about the war in Iraq and pervert congressmen is the current fad.  Once the Donkey gets the White House in 2008, and is in a position to make a difference, will the two years they are going to get in control of Washington be enough?  What I'm talking about:

-Reduced dependence on foreign oil
-Reduced greenhouse emissions
-Universal health care
-A real, living minimum wage
-A balanced budget

It would be nice to see the US join the rest of the free, civilized world, but unfortunately that's not what the American people want.  The American people are a bunch of reactionaries that only voted Democrats into power this time around because it was the fad thing to do.  In 2010, when Democrats are trying to make America a better place, the people will go "WTF?  Change?  AAAAAAgh Noooooo!" and vote the GOP right back into power.

You know it's true.

In my state, we sent a Democrat to Congress from a conservative district, re-elected a Democrat governor for the first time in a generation, and returned the state Senate to Democrat hands.  And yet this "moderate" state votes overwhelmingly to ban same-sex marriage AND civil unions, and to re-enact the friggin death penalty, which we haven't had since the days of covered wagons.

Just because there's a momentary fad does not indicate any change whatsoever in the political leanings of the country.  The callouses on Americans' knuckles have not gotten any thinner in the past two years.

The people sucks. Even if it vote for you... (lol)

A good reason why I don't support dems like you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies