State Legislative Elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:44:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  State Legislative Elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: State Legislative Elections  (Read 24700 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« on: November 08, 2006, 11:08:43 AM »

In Michigan, I know the Dems have taken the House 58-52, and the Senate is coming down to one seat (32nd district) in which the votes are still being counted. If the Dems can win that seat it would tie the chamber 19-19 and the tiebreaking vote of Lt. Gov. Cherry would give the Senate to the Dems.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 02:20:48 AM »

In IL the Dem's definitely picked up 4 Senate seats. That becomes interesting since with 36 votes (vs. 23 R) the Dems have a veto-proof majority there. Though the Gov is also a D, there has been some disagreement between the Dems in the legislature and Gov over the last four years. This may add an interesting twist.

There appears to be a gain of 1 House seat for the House Dems putting them at 66 - 52. There are two races where the margin is less than 200 votes and each party currently leads in one. These may take a couple weeks to sort out while counting absentee and provisional ballots.

Muon, am I to assume you won your race? Smiley
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 10:25:36 AM »

In IL the Dem's definitely picked up 4 Senate seats. That becomes interesting since with 36 votes (vs. 23 R) the Dems have a veto-proof majority there. Though the Gov is also a D, there has been some disagreement between the Dems in the legislature and Gov over the last four years. This may add an interesting twist.

There appears to be a gain of 1 House seat for the House Dems putting them at 66 - 52. There are two races where the margin is less than 200 votes and each party currently leads in one. These may take a couple weeks to sort out while counting absentee and provisional ballots.

Muon, am I to assume you won your race? Smiley

Yep, I got just over 60%. Smiley I'm still sorting through the precinct data. I'll post a map when I've got it all.

Congratulations on your victory! Hopefully you can work constructively with the party leadership on both sides and Gov. Blagojevich to get things done.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies