I'm deeply, deepy, depressed.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:49:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  I'm deeply, deepy, depressed.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: I'm deeply, deepy, depressed.  (Read 3795 times)
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2006, 01:32:39 AM »
« edited: November 10, 2006, 01:41:25 AM by strangeland »

Allen is a scumbag and I'm not sorry to see him leave the Senate, and you shouldn't be either. That in no way means that Bob Menendez isn't.

Allen's "macaca" speech doomed him and lost all respect that I would have otherwise had for him not because he used some obscure racial slur but because he assumed that a young man was not an American based upon his skin color. America is for everybody, not just rich white people. Allen behaved in a defensive way when asked about his Jewish ancestry. His behavior leads one to suspect that he either is anti-semitic or thinks Virginians are. Allen's staff later attacked a man who was in no way a threat to him.

Jim Webb is smarter, braver, and far more qualified to make hard decisions.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2006, 07:27:21 AM »

There's nothing wrong with Jon Corzine. He doesnt waver on the issues,  says what he means, takes tough stances when he knows its right, and is an accomplished businessman. He is extremely intelligent and a kind human being. Not an ounce of corruption in him or impurities.

So I take it that his current 53% disapproval rating is a work of fiction?
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2006, 07:44:17 AM »

You can coat it with sugar and dress it up with a pretty pink bow, but New Jersey still elects the worst politicians in the entire country.

I loved Bill Bradley.  But I wouldn't trust John Corzine or Bob Toricelli as far as I could throw them.

[/quote]
There's nothing wrong with Jon Corzine. He doesnt waver on the issues,  says what he means, takes tough stances when he knows its right, and is an accomplished businessman. He is extremely intelligent and a kind human being. Not an ounce of corruption in him or impurities.
[/quote]

Not an ounce of corruption?  You need to start a gig as a stand-up comedian.

Gabu is 100% right of course.  New Jersey elects the worst politicians in the country, and the voters there appear brain dead, whatever elitist pretensions you may exhibit.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2006, 07:45:20 AM »

So... when are you two getting hitched?
NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -2.26

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2006, 12:42:47 PM »

So... when are you two getting hitched?

Is that legal in New Jersey? Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies