Futures of losing house candidates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:58:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Futures of losing house candidates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Futures of losing house candidates  (Read 6798 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 09, 2006, 07:53:07 PM »

Well?  And feel free to post any news about uncalled races in the approriate thread.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 08:14:54 PM »

Madrid, Kissell and Kilroy's races have not been called yet. 
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 09:10:49 PM »

Madrid, Kissell and Kilroy's races have not been called yet. 

Madrid faces an insurmountable deficit. Kissell would have to win "65% of the remainING ballots or 977 votes to win by one vote" according to BlueNC. Kilroy is unlikely to win because of the  problems with the electronic voting machines. Ditto for Christine Jennings who should have beaten the Six Million Dollar Man.

Madrid needs 1,334 more votes, how many more are left to count?  I do not understand why a Kilroy win is unlikly, the race has already gone from 53%-47% to 51%-49%.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 09:16:07 PM »

Both Fitz and Hart will be back and that's all I care about. I just hope they win.

I honestly don't know about Fitz...an article in phillyburbs.com (courier's website) kinda indicated that he was thinking about sticking to private life if he lost. The guy has kids to raise, send to college etc.

Though if he doesn't come back...we're gonna need someone like Jim Greenwood to come and take down Murphy who will have the advantage of incumbency which is usually a big deal here.

If not Jim, my list is small...Tommy Tomlinson? Maybe, Diloramo? eh not enthusiastic...they're gonna need someone who can carry central and upper bucks (who look down on lower bucks) while keeping Murphy's advantage in Lower Bucks to a minimum.

Realisticly, do you think Jim Greenwood will enter just 4 years after retiring?  Especially after a year like this.  I think Fritzpatrick will run and lose again, but by a wider margin, but I do not know a ton about the district.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 03:06:53 PM »

I think that Hart and maybe Narthrup will run again (I think she will challenge Fletcher), but it is way to early tell if they would win.  Why was Nebraska's 2nd district so close?  Undecided race update: the Pryce-Kilroy and Schmidit-Wilson races won't be decided until around nov. 20th or 21st.  Also, Richert is leading in Washington's 8th district with 70% of votes counted (51%-49%). 
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 04:48:16 PM »

Sam, do you think the Democrats have a shot at beating any of the Nebraska reps in 2008?  I know it is VERY early and that Fortenberry is safe and Terry probably is as well, but if Kleeb ran would he stand a real shot of beating Smith?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 08:02:14 PM »

Oh, I just got some good news....      Smiley

What?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 11:42:39 AM »

Well, all I'll say is that I went somewhere last night. It was as if it wasn't even a loss. They are energized. Everyone was happy. Get ready for 2008...

aww...come on, please!!! At least say the race.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 12:56:59 PM »

Zack Space is a goner, he only won because (in the eyes of the district) Joy Padgett=Bob Ney.  She should have waited until 2008 because in 2006 they were voting on Ney not Space or Padgett.  I think if Joe Sulzer (the mayor of Chilicothe who somehow lost the primary) made it to the general he COULD have POSSIBLY held the seat.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies