Futures of losing house candidates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:08:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Futures of losing house candidates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Futures of losing house candidates  (Read 6818 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: November 09, 2006, 08:40:50 PM »

For the western NY districts that went narrowly GOP, I think Massa and Maffei would be good candidate for 2008. As for Davis, he didn't seem to campaign.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 08:44:51 PM »

For the western NY districts that went narrowly GOP, I think Massa and Maffei would be good candidate for 2008. As for Davis, he didn't seem to campaign.

Dunno about Maffei...From what Folks have said here in NY 25...he looked like a stuffed suit who pulled out all the stops and still couldn't win...Walsh seems to have a good handle on the district.

And I'm currently in the more democratic area of the district...there was no snow here on tuesday, the weather was just overcast.

I don't know much about Maffei, but a 49-51 loss against someone "safe" who was unopposed 2 years ago doesn't sound too bad to me.

Syracuse?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 08:58:07 PM »

Yes sir.

If Maffei couldn't beat Walsh in a bad year for Republicans, especially in the NE (when Clinton and Spitzer cleaned up), I don't see when he could beat him.

I will say this, Maffei's campaign wasn't really inspiring and only seemed to turn towards that direction in the last week. Given more time it could have happened.

But the possibility remains we may have reached a minimum on the number of seats for the GOP (under current) lines in Upstate NY...its not really a republican area...more 50-50 or 53-47 republican at best, but that means its gonna be really hard to eliminate every elephant up here.

Losing isn't always that bad. McNerney lost horribly to Pombo 2 years ago in CA-11. As for NY-25, it actually voted for Kerry, so a Presidential year might help the Democrats there.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 04:04:11 PM »

sh**t, I was hoping they wouldn't find those 700,000 Santorum votes that they forgot to count.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies