Futures of losing house candidates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:44:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Futures of losing house candidates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Futures of losing house candidates  (Read 6805 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: November 09, 2006, 09:06:38 PM »

Both Fitz and Hart will be back and that's all I care about. I just hope they win.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 11:26:19 PM »

Both Fitz and Hart will be back and that's all I care about. I just hope they win.

I honestly don't know about Fitz...an article in phillyburbs.com (courier's website) kinda indicated that he was thinking about sticking to private life if he lost. The guy has kids to raise, send to college etc.

Though if he doesn't come back...we're gonna need someone like Jim Greenwood to come and take down Murphy who will have the advantage of incumbency which is usually a big deal here.

If not Jim, my list is small...Tommy Tomlinson? Maybe, Diloramo? eh not enthusiastic...they're gonna need someone who can carry central and upper bucks (who look down on lower bucks) while keeping Murphy's advantage in Lower Bucks to a minimum.

Realisticly, do you think Jim Greenwood will enter just 4 years after retiring?  Especially after a year like this.  I think Fritzpatrick will run and lose again, but by a wider margin, but I do not know a ton about the district.

Well, I think the way PA 08 is, they're gonna give a new guy a shot to hold his seat...unless national issues are so controlling...like in 06 (Fitz was/is pretty darn popular...Bush cost him.)

I dunno...they would have to coax Greenwood big time.

Though I just thought of another name. Mark Schweiker...another famous R from my township...but he'd need to remind people now who he is...if he even wanted it.

I really dislike Greenwood so I am happy to say that he won't be back (making big time bucks...no pun intended Wink ). I really like Schweiker but it saddens me to say that he is also making a nice living. Neither will be back. If Fitz doesn't run again, I don't know who to turn to. How about the DA, bullmoose?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 11:14:31 AM »

I just read an article about Fitzpatrick's fall and after thinking about it, I doubt he'll run again. The article points out (and I feel the same way) that Fitz never seemed to like the mean spirits of Washington. Let there be no doubt that if he wants to come back, I will be the first to support him but I think he's had enough now. He worked so hard, accomplished so much, was well liked but got screwed over.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 10:14:20 AM »

I'm thinking State Sen. Joe Conti is your only shot at this point.  Lower Bucks is what won it for Fitz in 2004 and Murphy in 2006.  Ditto to NE Philly.  Conti would have to run it up in Central Bucks to beat Murphy though.

Conti is not going to run as a Republican for any office in the future. Mark my words.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 04:02:20 PM »

Oh, I just got some good news....      Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 04:10:14 PM »

That would be really funny if it wasn't in the "Futures of losing House candidates" thread.   Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 04:13:08 PM »

That would be really funny if it wasn't in the "Futures of losing House candidates" thread.   Tongue

It's still funny, because I am a total dick.

Moderator - please edit the profanity from the repeat offender. Thank you.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 11:15:17 PM »

Well, all I'll say is that I went somewhere last night. It was as if it wasn't even a loss. They are energized. Everyone was happy. Get ready for 2008...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies