Note to American Voters: There is no escape!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:57:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Note to American Voters: There is no escape!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Note to American Voters: There is no escape!  (Read 7397 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 10, 2006, 01:38:26 PM »

AL QAEDA IN IRAQ MOCKS 'LAME DUCK' BUSH

VOWS TO 'BLOW UP WHITE HOUSE'...
Claims It's Winning War...
Internet audio clip boasts of 12,000 terror 'troops' in Iraq...

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=topNews&storyid=2006-11-10T172059Z_01_IBO132069_RTRUKOC_0_US-IRAQ.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

---

Khamenei calls US elections a victory for Iran...

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=politicsNews&storyid=2006-11-10T140135Z_01_L10266591_RTRUKOC_0_US-USA-ELECTIONS-IRAN.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

---

I get the feeling history will view Bush's invasion of Iraq as NOT a war of choice, but as a battleground of choice.

American voters will soon realize that it doesn't matter if we withdraw from Iraq, the war unleashed on us on 9/11 will continue unabated.

The GOP deserved their historical loss this past Tuesday, but the Dem victory is boosting the moral of our enemies. 

The Dem leadership needs push Bush to take a MORE aggressive strategy in the War on Terror.  If Iraq doesn't improve in 3-6 months, maybe we should treat Iraq for what it is: a battleground.  And stop trying to turn it into a democracy.

The Dems wanted to lead during a time a war.  Now, they will get their chance.  World events will not wait since our enemies are choosing to escalate the battle.  If the Dems do not show leadership, they will be swept away by world events and Bush will take matters into his own hands and the American people will rally behind him.
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 02:24:59 PM »

I don't have a problem with a war on terror, but I do have a problem with a war against a country that had nothing to do with 9/11.  Once again I have to point out that the 9/11 terrorists were not in Iraq. They were here. Our risk right now is that people already here will carry out acts of terror. That's why we should be defending our borders and deporting anyone who has overstayed their visa, as well as being extremely cautious about who we allow to enter.

For the future the risk of an enemy missile attack will increases as missile technology will make it easier for other countries to attack us. For that we should be developing an effective missile defense system. I believe we are doing that now, but probably keeping it mostly secret.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 02:42:20 PM »

Agreed, we should do all those things.  But that doesn't address the situation CURRENTLY in Iraq.  The decision was made to invade Iraq and we are there.  It is very hard to argue that pulling out of Iraq now is going to save American lives, since it will only make us look weaker in the eyes of our enemies.

More importantly, our enemies (Al Qaeda, Syria, Iran, North Korea, etc) are not waiting for us to make a move, rather they are escalating the fight.

---

Here is George McGovern’s plan:

If Democrats don't take steps to end the war in Iraq soon, they won't be in power very long, McGovern told reporters before a speech at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.

"I think the Democratic leadership is wise enough to know that if they're going to follow the message that election sent, they're going to have to take steps to bring the war to a conclusion," he said.

McGovern will present his recommendations before the Congressional Progressive Caucus, a 62-member group led by Reps. Lynn Woolsey and Barbara Lee.

McGovern told the audience Thursday that the Iraq and Vietnam wars were equally "foolish enterprises" and that the current threat of terrorism developed because _ not before _ the United States went into Iraq.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/11/09/D8LA01L00.html

I don’t know what calendar George McGovern uses, but I bet the calendar most Americans use has Sept 2001 coming BEFORE March 2003, not after.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 03:48:26 PM »

Al-Muhajir, also known as Abu Ayyub al-Masri, also urged the U.S. to stay in Iraq so his group would have more opportunities to kill American troops. “We haven’t had enough of your blood yet,” he told the U.S.

Al-Muhajir became the leader of al-Qaida in Iraq after Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was killed in a U.S. airstrike in June. The tape could not be independently verified.

“The American people have put their feet on the right path by ... realizing their president’s betrayal in supporting Israel,” the terror leader said. “So they voted for something reasonable in the last elections.”

Describing President Bush as “the most stupid president” in U.S. history, al-Masri reached out to the Muslim world and said his group was winning the war in Iraq faster than expected due to U.S. policies.

He said Bush’s policies had allowed Iran to spread its influence in Afghanistan and Iraq after Washington toppled their Sunni rulers, and expanded Iran’s reach into Syria and Lebanon.

“I swear by God we shall not rest from jihad until we ... blow up the filthiest house known as the White House,” he added.

Challenging the Bush administration, he said: “I tell the lame duck do not rush to escape as did your defense minister ...  stay on the battleground.”

---

As you can see, Israel is the main target in the War on Terror.  Bin Laden mentioned Israel as the reason for 9/11, Iran's President Mentions the destruction of Israel as his main goal, and now Al-Muhajir has mentioned Israel as his ultimate objective.

The War on Terror is all about Israel.  We're just stuck in the middle of it because we are Israel's main ally.

Al-Muhajir says he wants more American blood and challenges us to remain on the "battleground" (demonstrating that the Muslims understand Iraq is simply a battlefield in a much broader war).

So, what do you say, Dems?   Are you going to advocate pulling out of Iraq and conceding the country to terrorists while those same terrorists openly mock our will to fight?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 03:53:45 PM »

"We will not rest from our Jihad until we are under the olive trees of Rumieh and we have destroyed the dirty black house -- which is called the White House," al-Muhajir said.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 03:55:33 PM »

Well, obviously they know that this rhetoric helps out their pal Bush.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 04:04:02 PM »

sadly, you just don't get it:  regardless of the mistakes Bush has made, Bush is NOT the enemy.  And if Bush were to drop dead tonight, these terrorists would still try to destroy us.  Bush wasn’t the target of 9/11, Israel’s main ally, America, was.

The GOP and the Dems need to speak with one voice.  They need to define an aggressive strategy in the War on Terror and announce their agreement in a joint news conference.  The elections are over, it is time to unify and stop fighting amongst ourselves and take the fight to the terrorists and the states that sponsor them.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 04:08:39 PM »

"They are getting ready to leave, because they are no longer capable of staying," the Al Qaeda leader said.

"Remain steadfast in the battlefield you coward," he called on the U.S president.
NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -2.26

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 04:10:51 PM »

Why would they want to do that? Assuming what you say is true, why wouldn't they have done this several days ago when it might have exerted some influence on the election?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2006, 04:31:42 PM »

Why would they want to do that? Assuming what you say is true, why wouldn't they have done this several days ago when it might have exerted some influence on the election?

forget jfern.

I don't know about you, but I think if we leave Iraq, we will only be inviting 10 times more trouble on ourselves.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2006, 04:35:32 PM »

sadly, you just don't get it:  regardless of the mistakes Bush has made, Bush is NOT the enemy.
Oh really? That's a big laugh.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2006, 04:45:20 PM »

Well, the jihadists are winning. They already were, mind you. Democrats won't make that much difference one way or another... the issue is just a jumbled foreign policy that essentially results from the inherent structure of the international system.

Foreign policy is often more about internal politics than anything else.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2006, 04:48:47 PM »

sadly, you just don't get it:  regardless of the mistakes Bush has made, Bush is NOT the enemy.
Oh really? That's a big laugh.

dude, we don't have time to point our fingers at Bush for the next two years.  A much bigger war is brewing and will boil over before Nov 2008.

"The responsibility for preventing Iran from achieving nuclear capabilities has moved conclusively from Washington to Jerusalem. "

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?apage=3&cid=1162378367330&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2006, 05:07:41 PM »

Foreign policy is often more about internal politics than anything else.

True, but stating this obvious point doesn't help solve the situation.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2006, 05:22:24 PM »

the lack of meaningful responses to this thread speaks volumes
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2006, 05:43:45 PM »

There have been plenty of meaningful responses.

First we should adopt a comprehensive approach that will get the civilized world, meaning the moderate governments and parties of all countries, united. That means tackling long-standing issues like Palestine and Syria. We do what we can to ideologically destroy them as well as militarily. Then we destroy those bastards.

The Iraqis would do this for us. Al Qaida is not popular in Iraq at all. Right now they are desperately attempting to claim credit for something that has been the doing of the Bush administration's stubborn, see-no-evil incompetent approach to nation-building, combined with the Sunni and Shiite insurgents and militias which are taking advantage of that incompetence and the absence of Saddam. But most Iraqis do not welcome the Al Qaida ilk of scum, which has slaughtered thousands of Iraqis. But we have to remember that Iraq is not the world.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2006, 06:00:02 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2006, 06:09:25 PM by jmfcst »

First we should adopt a comprehensive approach that will get the civilized world, meaning the moderate governments and parties of all countries, united. That means tackling long-standing issues like Palestine and Syria

They are intent on destroying Israel.  They only negotiate to buy time to regroup and rearm.  Their religion teaches them that they are the heirs of Abraham.  That is not negotiable

---

We do what we can to ideologically destroy them as well as militarily. Then we destroy those bastards.

ideologically destroy them?  This isn’t communism you’re fighting, it’s religion.  You can’t ideologically destroy it.

---

The Iraqis would do this for us. Al Qaida is not popular in Iraq at all. Right now they are desperately attempting to claim credit for something that has been the doing of the Bush administration's stubborn, see-no-evil incompetent approach to nation-building, combined with the Sunni and Shiite insurgents and militias which are taking advantage of that incompetence and the absence of Saddam. But most Iraqis do not welcome the Al Qaida ilk of scum, which has slaughtered thousands of Iraqis. But we have to remember that Iraq is not the world.

Iraqis will not do our bidding even if they were willing.  Iraqis are too busy fighting themselves in a religious civil war.

---

There have been plenty of meaningful responses.

if you say so
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2006, 08:07:58 PM »

This may sound odd, but I'm sure that if the long link in your first post didn't screw up the whole first page you'd get more responses.
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2006, 08:10:58 PM »

Were Bin Laden to be killed or captured, they would issue messages celebrating his martyrdom.  It's called spin.  No matter what happens they will issue statements claiming that they are winning and curent events are somehow to their advantage.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2006, 02:30:14 AM »

About the desire of people to get into a debate with someone who tends to be more than a little standoffish? Tongue
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2006, 02:36:20 AM »

About the desire of people to get into a debate with someone who tends to be more than a little standoffish? Tongue

I considered posting something, but then I decided that it would be more productive to hit my head against a brick wall.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2006, 10:13:54 AM »

The GOP and the Dems need to speak with one voice.  They need to define an aggressive strategy in the War on Terror and announce their agreement in a joint news conference.  The elections are over, it is time to unify and stop fighting amongst ourselves and take the fight to the terrorists and the states that sponsor them.

Okay so lets all support immediately arresting all those who supported the 9/11 attacks AND the invasion of Iraq.  Lets unite to stop terrorism instead of to spread it as far around the world as possible which seems to be the Bush position.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2006, 02:58:48 PM »

Obviously by 'meaningful responses', the theocrat jmfcst means those that accept his absurd premise. 

They are intent on destroying Israel.

Why should we mind that?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2006, 08:23:31 AM »

I considered posting something, but then I decided that it would be more productive to hit my head against a brick wall.

Indeed - in fact I already did that. Grin
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2006, 12:38:52 PM »

Indeed - in fact I already did that. Grin

I am not sure what yalls’ argument is.  I am simply saying:

1) The War on Terror is predicated upon and driven by religion.
2) The intent of the radical Muslims is to destroy Israel and any her allies.
3) Withdrawing from Iraq will only encourage our enemies and will allow them to move the battlefield closer to their ultimate targets.
4) Iran is intent on nuclear war with Israel within the next 10 years, possibly within the next two years.
5) Iran is using Syria and Hezbollah as proxies to gear up for the coming war with Israel.
6) Therefore, we can not simply withdraw and go home.  And, in spite of your denials, we are at war
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies