CFLINO Lieberman switches parties
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 06:05:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CFLINO Lieberman switches parties
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CFLINO Lieberman switches parties  (Read 2401 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 10, 2006, 06:23:37 PM »

Lieberman was a Connecticut For Lieberman In Name Only, he just jumped ship. He used the Connecticut for Lieberman party just to get elected.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/10/AR2006111000571_pf.html
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 06:24:06 PM »

CFLINO.  Nice.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 06:27:07 PM »

He worked the system to keep his job.  Hats off to him, I say.  Everybody knew he was a Democrat at heart anyway, so the badge he wears is hardly relevant.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 06:29:09 PM »

In a statement, the Connecticut For Lieberman party said

"Things were looking up for us. Not only did we field a Senate candidate, but he actually won. Naturally, we immediately set to trying to win the 2008 Presidential election. However, our only elected official turned out to be a turncoat. Needless to say, this has been a bit of a downer. We're not sure what the future of the Connecticut For Lieberman party is for now. We had worked so hard to get this Connecticut For Liebermanian elected, and he just jumped ship.".
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 06:31:53 PM »

"Things were looking up for us. Not only did we field a Senate candidate, but he actually won. Naturally, we immediately set to trying to win the 2008 Presidential election. However, our only elected official turned out to be a turncoat. Needless to say, this has been a bit of a downer. We're not sure what the future of the Connecticut For Lieberman party is for now. We had worked so hard to get this Connecticut For Liebermanian elected, and he just jumped ship.".

Was that statement a joke?  I mean, who are they to criticize what Lieberman does when the party itself is named after him?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 06:34:47 PM »

Was that statement a joke?  I mean, who are they to criticize what Lieberman does when the party itself is named after him?

This is the Internet, so it was serious. Smiley
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 06:35:03 PM »

I don't think that the "Connecticut for Lieberman Party" actually exists.  It's just something Lieberman made up to give him a party label to get elected under.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 06:36:28 PM »

Aha.  Apparently satire is kinda lost on me when it comes from jfern. Tongue
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 07:54:17 PM »

I hate having to share a party with Lieberman but sadly we need him to form a majority.  If we had gotten 52 seats I'd have liked to deny him membership to the Democratic caucus.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2006, 08:50:30 PM »

This is the Internet, so it was serious. Smiley

Wow...Jfern? Joking?

The Democratic Majority is working wonders for our country already.

:-)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2006, 08:54:02 PM »

I hate having to share a party with Lieberman but sadly we need him to form a majority.  If we had gotten 52 seats I'd have liked to deny him membership to the Democratic caucus.

In other words, practicality is more important than principle.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2006, 09:07:54 PM »

Would you rather follow and instate one principle or all of your principles but one?
poughies
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2006, 09:20:13 PM »

oye vey.... so let me get this straight some dems were saying that Joe would switch parties.... now people don't want to let him back into the caucus.... jeez louise........
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2006, 12:49:02 AM »

In other words, practicality is more important than principle.

Often it is for both sides. If Chafee had won, and thus the GOP had kept the Senate, I don't think you'd see many Republicans talking about kicking him out of the party.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2006, 02:20:08 AM »

Am I the only one who laughed at this? Tongue
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52