New "Cheesehead" Poll (Wisconsin) + PLug for Dave's Polling Section
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:54:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Polls
  New "Cheesehead" Poll (Wisconsin) + PLug for Dave's Polling Section
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New "Cheesehead" Poll (Wisconsin) + PLug for Dave's Polling Section  (Read 2952 times)
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 25, 2004, 10:37:14 AM »
« edited: June 25, 2004, 11:14:34 AM by The Vorlon »

Click here to "Cheesehead" polls in Dave's new & improved poll section (shameless plug)

Badger Poll has Bush up by 4% in a poll of a whopping 504 "cheeseheads"

Bush 46%
Kerry 42%
Nader 5%

Link to Current Poll

The Polls in this state are a real dog's breakfast.

This poll has never had Bush down in Wisconsin, and their last effort had Bush up by a bizarre 12% that nobody thinks was even close to being in the game, and it's a small sample Uni-poll.

Prior to that we had an LA Times effor suggesting the Mr. Bush enjoyed a two point lead.  I think my position on LA Times <<cough>> "polling" is reasonable clear.

We also have a fairly recent Public Opinion Strategies polls saying Kerry is up by 2%. - POS is a deep, deep, deep GOP Blue firm, But I tend to believe this result actually.

We also have a Kerry +7 done by a (good quality) Dem firm, but it was sponsored by a HateBush organization.

Prior to that the previously mentioned Bush +12 Uni-Poll, a 402 sample size (Kerry +6) from a junior college, and finally a Kerry +8 Robo-Track poll.

In totality.... a mixed & confusing lot.

Shameless Plug

All of these polls are in Dave's polling section (Link at top of page)

Dave has (again) upgrade this section to include a "slight" category where a candidate leads by 2-5% and has won 3 polls in a row.

My National Model says Kerry is up a bit over 2% in this state.

Given the "quality" of the polls (other than the POS they are all deeply questionable) its hard to have a lot of confidence, but I'll stick with Kerry up 2=>4%

Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 10:47:32 AM »

There hasn't been nearly enough good polling in Wisconsin.  Of all the swing states, this one has seen the widest differences in margin.

For now, it stays a pollbooth Toss-Up.
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 10:53:21 AM »

There hasn't been nearly enough good polling in Wisconsin.  Of all the swing states, this one has seen the widest differences in margin.

For now, it stays a pollbooth Toss-Up.

I think the cheesehead polling has been dead on actually..

It's somewhere between Kerry +9, and  Bush +12 Smiley
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 11:58:41 AM »

Wisconsin IS a hard place to poll.

No real registation requirement for voters.

nomorelies

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 12:31:48 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2004, 12:34:24 PM by nomorelies »

Wisconsin is i swear the hardest state to campaign in. Everyone seems to be closet democrats or Republicans. Everyone virtually seems to be know who they will vote for. its never really a policy just a gut.
I asked my girlfirend the other day why will she vote democrat and its so simple to her. In Neenah
`i will never vote Republican until there policies reflect the words of scientists not a god. but also you will kill me if i vote Republican (very smart my girl is)`
Her best friend told me last week that she will vote democrat, in appleton
`bush has had four years and not done a good job for me so i vote the opposite. its not kerry policies its bushs. I dont care what they say anymore. im not interested in politics but i will vote becasue its my right.

Wisconsin is a war zone,. Nobody cares here because nobody else in america cares about wisconsin
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 12:47:25 PM »

Wisconsin is i swear the hardest state to campaign in. Everyone seems to be closet democrats or Republicans. Everyone virtually seems to be know who they will vote for. its never really a policy just a gut.
I asked my girlfirend the other day why will she vote democrat and its so simple to her. In Neenah
`i will never vote Republican until there policies reflect the words of scientists not a god. but also you will kill me if i vote Republican (very smart my girl is)`
Her best friend told me last week that she will vote democrat, in appleton
`bush has had four years and not done a good job for me so i vote the opposite. its not kerry policies its bushs. I dont care what they say anymore. im not interested in politics but i will vote becasue its my right.

Wisconsin is a war zone,. Nobody cares here because nobody else in america cares about wisconsin

Thank-you for a (fairly) moderate post, at least by your standards Smiley

Wisconsin is actually a very interesting state this election cycle as it is a place where the two big "wedges" in this election come head to head more so than in other states.

The GOP has good traction on the social issues (Guns, abortion, Terrorism) while economic issues (Jobs, health care) track very well for the Dems.

The "cheeseheads" were one of the two states I missed in 2000, so I am trying very hard to get it right this year Smiley

I think Kerry is a very few points up in Wisconsin right now, but these 10 EVs are getting less attention than they deserve.

If Bush were to take Wisconsin, he could lose Ohio and still be in OK shape actually.  Wisconsin might actually be a very important state in 2004.
Bandit3 the Worker
bandit73
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2004, 04:08:58 PM »

Bush can forget Wisconsin.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2004, 04:12:19 PM »

Bandit, youthink Bush should forget about Georgia.  Lets move back to reality, k?
Bandit3 the Worker
bandit73
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2004, 04:17:04 PM »

Bandit, youthink Bush should forget about Georgia.

Like I said, he can forget Wisconsin, he can forget Michigan, he can forget New Jersey, he can forget Pennsylvania, he can forget California, he can forget Iowa, he can forget New Mexico, he can forget Vermont, he can forget New Hampshire, he can just forget it, forget it, forget it.

He's toast in those states.

He can probably even forget West Virginia and Ohio as well.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2004, 04:24:34 PM »

Bandit, youthink Bush should forget about Georgia.

Like I said, he can forget Wisconsin, he can forget Michigan, he can forget New Jersey, he can forget Pennsylvania, he can forget California, he can forget Iowa, he can forget New Mexico, he can forget Vermont, he can forget New Hampshire, he can just forget it, forget it, forget it.

He's toast in those states.

He can probably even forget West Virginia and Ohio as well.

Care to place a wager?  I'll gladly bet that Bush wins one of those states.
Bandit3 the Worker
bandit73
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2004, 04:29:13 PM »

I think he's gonna lose every bleepin' one of 'em. And the election.

People would have to be insane to elect him.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2004, 04:30:30 PM »

I think he's gonna lose every bleepin' one of 'em. And the election.

People would have to be insane to elect him.

And I am asking if you are willing to back the statement up with more than words.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies