Bush up 47-40 in latest Fox News Opinion Dynamics Poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:07:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Polls
  Bush up 47-40 in latest Fox News Opinion Dynamics Poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bush up 47-40 in latest Fox News Opinion Dynamics Poll  (Read 10520 times)
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« on: June 24, 2004, 02:38:31 PM »

Considering it makes me all the more likely to believe it.  FOX was one of the top two firms for the 2000 result I believe.

The final Opinion Dynamics/Fox news poll of 2000 predicted a dead heat between Vice President Gore and then Governor Bush.

A "fairly" good call I believe Smiley
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 02:47:56 PM »

Your right.  Fox/Opinion Dynamics called the race dead on in 2000.  This poll must be accurate.

No... it means Opinion Dynamics is a good firm with relatively few structural flaws and biases in their polls.

The "probability god" can smack them around just as badly as any other poll.
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 03:10:11 PM »

Whats the % undecided etc? Hang on a minute... I'm commenting on a national poll... sh*t... breaking me own rules... I'll go now...

Come on in... National polls are fun... Smiley
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 03:15:51 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2004, 03:19:43 PM by The Vorlon »

Whats the % undecided etc? Hang on a minute... I'm commenting on a national poll... sh*t... breaking me own rules... I'll go now...

Come on in... National polls are fun... Smiley

What was the % of undecided then? Wink

The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2004, 08:27:37 PM »

Nope.  I don't.  The election was fixed.  Everyone knows that in Texas, a Republican couldn't possibly win a statewide election unless the election was fixed.

I guarantee that ABC was in on it.  That closet conservative Peter Jennings was no doubt the ring leader.

I thought James Carville was the closet Conveervative...?

Did I miss the last meeting of the vast right wing conspiricy?

e-mail me the minutes ... ok ...?
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2004, 08:36:52 PM »

Nope.  I don't.  The election was fixed.  Everyone knows that in Texas, a Republican couldn't possibly win a statewide election unless the election was fixed.

I guarantee that ABC was in on it.  That closet conservative Peter Jennings was no doubt the ring leader.

I thought James Carville was the closet Conveervative...?

Did I miss the last meeting of the vast right wing conspiricy?

e-mail me the minutes ... ok ...?

I'll have the UFO drop it off for you in a few hours, if you can wait that long.

I am actually in a hurry...

If I take off my tin foil hat can you use the UFO to beam it directly into my brain using the pentagon's new mind control beam?
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2004, 11:17:51 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2004, 11:22:18 PM by The Vorlon »

We interupt this thread for a "I hate the LA Times, they are a bias Yellow Journalism Rag" interuption

Re: LA Times VS SUSA.

The "correct" National voter ID is +4 to the Dems (2000 Exit polls) or +2 (Rolling average of National polls)

If we use +4, the LA Times missed by 9%

IN a poll of 1230 sample size, the chance that this is random error is about 7 chances in 10,000.

The LA Times AVERAGE party ID over their last 8 polls has been +11 to the Dem side.

I don't think it is random. - I invite anybody to argue it is Smiley

Survey USA had +4 to the GOP side, about 7% too high based on current registrations. - With their smaller sample size, about a 2% chance it was just random.

Also - SUSA clearly published the voter ID, the LA times went to extra-ordinary lengths to bury it.

SUSA TWICE on their release said "Hey - Reagan just died - All bets are off on this sample!" (or words to that effect) - The LA Times went to great lengths to DEFEND +13 as normal.

A hell of a moral and intelectual honesty related difference! (I hope Dems and GOPers alike will agree?)

Survey USA is also even handed - they miss left as often as they miss right. - A claim the LA Times cannot make.

A HUGE difference between the conduct of the two firms IMHO.

If you want to argue that the LA Times survey and the SUSA Florida were both off, hey I agree with you.

To argue that the moral integrity of the two outfits is even CLOSE to the same, I think is something that is a hard argument to make.

We apologize for this interuption - please return to your thread
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies