Is Bolton finished?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:36:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is Bolton finished?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is Bolton finished?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: Is Bolton finished?  (Read 957 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 12, 2006, 02:52:59 PM »

Yep.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 01:36:53 AM »

No, but I bet he won't be confirmed and remain as acting UN Ambassador, or as a second recess appointment. 
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 09:00:22 AM »

No, why should he?  Many democrats have come out and revised their opinion of him based upon his performance.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 09:16:59 AM »

No, why should he?  Many democrats have come out and revised their opinion of him based upon his performance.

Yes, his amazing performance in getting Iran and NK to give up their nuclear programs. We are in a much better position now than a year ago, yeah Roll Eyes
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 09:55:53 AM »

Yes, his amazing performance in getting Iran and NK to give up their nuclear programs. We are in a much better position now than a year ago, yeah Roll Eyes

Right, because only the US can get the rest of the world to behave by giving them anything and everything they want in the hopes that they will actually follow through with their promises.  Roll Eyes
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 10:10:21 AM »

Right, because only the US can get the rest of the world to behave by giving them anything and everything they want in the hopes that they will actually follow through with their promises.  Roll Eyes

Right, because this comment is a brilliant excuse for Bolton's failures and right on point. Roll Eyes
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 10:18:05 AM »

Right, because this comment is a brilliant excuse for Bolton's failures and right on point. Roll Eyes

All his opponents seem to have are excuses.  Roll Eyes 
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 10:45:44 AM »

There is still no way he's getting past committee.
NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -2.26

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 12:55:25 PM »

There is still no way he's getting past committee.

I believe Senator Biden has already said "We've already debated this nomination". I take that to mean if President Bush sends the name forward again it is DOA since Biden is now the chair.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 01:06:25 PM »

He makes people of a certain attitude toward the UN very happy because he's not interested in being diplomatic.

He was sent as a message to the UN... unfortunately all he's been is a walking sound byte - and really not effective on the real issues.

- North Korea and Iran are ALWAYS going to be a sticking point.

- Israel/Palestine is a such a pointless issue to discuss... because no resolution that's hard on either party will survive a veto.

I'm a BIG believer that the UN COULD operate properly if allowed to... but they have been CRIMINALLY neglectful in Darfur.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 01:51:12 PM »

All his opponents seem to have are excuses.  Roll Eyes 

^^^^^^^^^^

and I'll add that his opponents are delusional in thinking that Iran would ever give up its nuclear programs since it is their number one intention to destroy Israel even if that means having to commit suicide in the process.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2006, 09:39:11 AM »

I don't think anyone could have prevented that, and it certainly wasn't Bolton's fault. The main beef Democrats and people like myself had with Bolton was that he appeared to be extremely bellicose and had absolutely no time for diplomacy. However, he's been quite pragmatic throughout his time in the UN.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies