2004 User Predictions - Technical (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:36:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 User Predictions - Technical (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004 User Predictions - Technical  (Read 137569 times)
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 31, 2004, 01:49:34 PM »

I am trying to add my prediction map to signature file in here.  I have seen a few others who have this.  I tried to follow your instructions, i.e., copy the address of the map from properties.  What I have now is a link to my prediction map in my signature, not the map itself.  Can anyone help me with this?
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 04:13:31 PM »

you put img befor but in [] and /img in [] after it

Thanks....that didn't work.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 04:20:53 PM »

That is exactly what I have, and you can see the result in my signature.  There must be something I am not doing right.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 04:34:49 PM »

Exactly what do you mean???
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 04:43:03 PM »

NHPolitico, I have it typed EXACTLY the way you have it laid out, as I was trying to explain to Dunn.  And it is not producing the desired result.  There is some extraneous text that I have not typed into my signature file, which is now appearing there.

I appreciate both of your attempts to help, and I am following both of your instructions to the letter.  Why is this not working?Huh
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2004, 04:48:40 PM »

Lets try it here:

Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 04:51:02 PM »

OK, so it works when I post the map into a message, but not into a signature.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 07:35:45 PM »

No, it works. You are using "<" and ">" instead of brackets and other html.  Just replace them with brackets and delete the html, the double quotes, too.

No, really, I'm not!!!  I'm using brackets like this [] around "img" and "/img", just like you told me to.  There is no <> in my signature.

What is typed into my signature is exactly the same thing that I typed into a message on this board, 4 posts back, where I successfully posted my map.  As I stated in my next post- it works in a message, but not in a signature (for me, anyways).

As for "other html", I don't have any of that, either.  The extra garbage you see displayed in my signature, I do not know where that came from, but it is not anything I have typed in.

Sorry if I seem a little frustrated, really.  I appreciate the help.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2004, 09:21:12 AM »

Well, thanks to those who have tried to help me fix this, but we have not had any success.  For now, I am taking out the img's and the []'s.  At least I have a link to my prediction, which is better than what I had before.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2004, 11:45:56 AM »

Dave,

I am not able to log in to update my prediction.  I am being told that my password is incorrect.  I am sure I typed the correct password.  I have clicked the forgotten password link, but have not received an e-mail response.  My user name is JLD.  Thanks Dave!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies