Chris Shays Last Republican Congressman in all of New England
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:04:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Chris Shays Last Republican Congressman in all of New England
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Chris Shays Last Republican Congressman in all of New England  (Read 5760 times)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2006, 10:00:54 PM »

Does anybody think that a republican (Senator or Congressman) will switch parties now that the Democrats are in the majority?

I doubt any Senator will. No moderate has anything to offer. If Specter were to change, there is no way in hell that Reid would take the Judiciary chairmanship away from Lehey for a switch.  I can't picture anyone moving anyways.  In Congress, I can't think of any.

There is word about Joe not saying no to ever switching to the Republicans though.  I'll have to find the article and post it.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2006, 10:18:59 PM »

Map from CNN

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2006, 11:32:10 PM »

You know, as long as we have the majority, he's just going to vote like a Democrat anyway.

If I had to pick one of CT's Republican Congressmen to keep, it would've been him. Johnson and Simmons were pure scum.

Why do you consider Simmons "scum?" Just curious.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2006, 11:35:36 PM »

He votes way too conservative for that district and supports Bush on everything that matters. Johnson is Scum because even though she was socially liberal she was still a complete hack for the Hastert/DeLay crew.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2006, 12:38:02 AM »

Ned Lamont is considering running against Shays in 08.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2006, 12:39:20 AM »

PERFECT!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2006, 02:24:41 AM »

I wonder how Lamont would do. It's really hard to rate someone's electoral abilities when the only major election they ran in was bizarro.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2006, 08:55:37 AM »

Lamont run behind Farrell in that district
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2006, 12:54:14 PM »

Source?  I believe I would have heard something about this.  I know people are asking him to do so but I have not heard a single person say he has said he was even considering it....
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2006, 05:25:11 PM »

I think I missed a ton, but I think the point is clear: who do you want to lose Bill Sali or Chirs Shays
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2006, 07:44:19 PM »

I think I missed a ton, but I think the point is clear: who do you want to lose Bill Sali or Chirs Shays

The other side of that coin is that you'd replace Shays with a strong Democrat and Sali with a weak one...
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2006, 09:18:16 PM »

But You don't have many Republicans like Shays and we'd take his seat when he retires.  Some of these moderates and conservitives are stronger than one would think.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2006, 11:30:11 PM »

But You don't have many Republicans like Shays and we'd take his seat when he retires.  Some of these moderates and conservitives are stronger than one would think.

Sure strong about for example supporting the debacle in Iraq or strong about favoring corporations over people and the rich over the middle class.  Strong about taking away personal liberties...

If you support the war in Iraq you're not a moderate in any way you're a radical supporting the use of aggressive warfare.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2006, 06:51:20 AM »

He now opposes the Iraq war (though for questionable reasons) and please provide evidence on that he favors coorperations any more than most congressmen/women.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2006, 07:31:10 AM »

Sure strong about for example supporting the debacle in Iraq or strong about favoring corporations over people and the rich over the middle class.  Strong about taking away personal liberties...

If you support the war in Iraq you're not a moderate in any way you're a radical supporting the use of aggressive warfare.

Do you really believe all of your own b*llsh*t? You seriously think every person supporting the war in Iraq is a "radical"? You can't just pick your own favourite issue and say that every person who disagrees with you is a radical.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2006, 02:22:18 AM »

Do you really believe all of your own b*llsh*t? You seriously think every person supporting the war in Iraq is a "radical"? You can't just pick your own favourite issue and say that every person who disagrees with you is a radical.

Militant radical terrorists on the level of Bin Laden's supporters.  People who have no moral backbone in any way.  People who are so violent and murderous that they would advocate the slaughter of tens of thousands of innocent people for no reason at all.  People who need to kill themselves before they start murdering more innocent people.  Murderous vile monsters.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2006, 02:30:47 AM »

He now opposes the Iraq war (though for questionable reasons)

LOL Shays is a die hard supporter of the Iraq war and has been the entire time.  Sure he might say Bush messed up a little... Then again only the blindest of blind people can't see that.  Shays is a terrorist when it comes to his foreign policy but he isn't an idiot.  Oh and if he didn't say some stuff it would have cost him his seat.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Privatize social security:  Check
Anti-Labor:  Check
Bankruptcy bill:  Check
Corporate Welfare > Individual Welfare: 

Worse than any Democratic rep that would replace him for damn sure.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2006, 11:35:49 AM »

Please provide a link or links, I highly doubt he would support social security privitization, people who disagree with you on Iraq are not terrorists, and if you read my post you would see that I think he opposed the Iraq war for questionable reasons.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies