New FL ARG poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:41:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Polls
  New FL ARG poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New FL ARG poll  (Read 6425 times)
MarkDel

« on: June 24, 2004, 08:31:37 PM »

If Zogby has Bush up by 4 points in Florida, then Kerry is in trouble in Florida.
MarkDel

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 08:41:32 PM »

Vorlon,

It's an absolute shame what has happened to Zogby. I know you'll disagree, but I feel his decline as a pollster is directly related to his knew-found interest in partisan politics. When this guy started out, he was interested in building his rep and changing, to some extent, the way polling is done. But since 9/11, he has essentially become a covert agent of the Democratic Party.
MarkDel

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 09:20:24 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2004, 09:21:26 PM by MarkDel »

Vorlon,

I've sort of figured out that you're in the polling business yourself in some way...do you know Zogby personally? How about another polling guy from Central NY named Jeff Stonecash?

As for Zogby's failures in recent years...have you heard him talk about 9/11 and the War on Terror? He's of Lebanese descent and he's REALLY hung up on bias against Arabs. Prior to 9/11, I had never heard him say anything even remotely partisan or political, but since then, he's said some really questionable things for a guy who is supposedly an unbiased pollster. I don't think it's mere accident that all of his mistakes in the recent past have been in favor of Democrats, then he goes out and PREDICTS that John Kerry should win the election this year barring major screwups on Kerry's part. Obviously I can't prove his polls are a result of bias, but there's a lot of circumstantial evidence against him in terms of the timing and one-sided nature of his downfall as a pollster.
MarkDel

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 09:32:11 PM »

Vorlon,

I know Zogby and Stonecash from the days when I was involved in politics. Zogby was in Utica and Stonecash was a Professor at Syracuse, and they used to handle the polling for the Congressman I worked for in Central New York. Decent guys, but major ego problems...LOL
MarkDel

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2004, 11:36:27 PM »

Vorlon,

Never got to meet Bob Teeter, but he is definitely something of a legend in the Washington circles I used to frequent. You were surely in good company in 1994! I was out of the game by then...Capitol Hill was making me so damn cynical that I barely recognized myself...LOL
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies