My Explanation in Full
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:57:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  My Explanation in Full
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: My Explanation in Full  (Read 2870 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 25, 2004, 04:01:08 PM »

Allow me to answer some of the many concerns that have been brought up.

First off, this has been labeled as a "sign of corruption", probably because Reaganfan switched his party affiliation.  Let me tell you that I never once asked Reaganfan to do so.  He has been asking me for a possition, if elected, since the convention.  I thought that Press Sec. would be good for him.  However, I was informed by President Ludgren that that post was being eliminated.  Not seein any alternative possitions that Reaganfan would have a chance of being nominated for, or confimed by the Senate for, I decided that he could act as my liaison ot the Senate.  A possition not sepcifically named in the Constitution, but neither are any of the cabinet level possitions, so, I fail to see what the problem is.

Futhermore, this is not a cabinet level possition.  I intend to be a more active Vice-President in dealing with the Senate than Vice-President of the past.  Thus, there may come a time when I need an assistant to do things that for some reason I am unable to do.  As long as Reaganfan remians faithful to what I would want and does not act unless I give him specific authorization, then I will continue to have him on, unless the President specifically tells me not to.

As for the power to vote, as I expressed, clearly those who object to it do not understand the reality of the United States Senate which I personally have spent the lesser part of three years studying in an achedemic setting.  Because Senators have so many duties, it is not at all uncommon for them to have aids or staff sit in on committee meetings for them or even to vote in their stead.  If a situation occures when I am not able to be there (this will be very rare if at all) then I will grant Reaganfan authorization that I will post before the entire forum to vote as I see fit on the issue.  I would never give him blanket power to vote on any issue that comes up.

This is my possition and I am sticking to it.  I think that you all will discover that I stand by my people.  If this circumstance warents that I resign or be impeached, then so be it.  Only by the direct request of the President will cause me to cut Reaganfan lose.  I have no Presidential ambitions anymore, so you certainly can't threaten me with that.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 04:04:59 PM »

People need to stop the attacks on Reaganfan, especially Tweed.  Remeber, he did win the Republican nomination, proving that he is a legit office-seeker.  And there ain't nothing wrong with polls.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 04:08:58 PM »

ReaganFan is a good guy, he just tries way to hard sometimes...
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 04:14:31 PM »

People need to stop the attacks on Reaganfan, especially Tweed.  Remeber, he did win the Republican nomination, proving that he is a legit office-seeker.  And there ain't nothing wrong with polls.

Agreed.  As I have told him in the past, he is far to ambitious and has a tendancy to try too hard, boarder-lining on annoying, but that doesn't mean that you guys should treat him the way you do.  He is a person too and a member of the forum, just like everyone else.  If you ever bother to acctually talk to him, you would find out that he is a good guy.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 04:39:01 PM »

Mr. Vice President-elect,

Are you telling me that while I weas campaigning for Reaganfan for President every day, writing hordes of speeches, and putting my blood and energy into electing him president, he was asking for a job in Mr. Gustaf's Administration?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 04:42:01 PM »

Are you telling me that while I weas campaigning for Reaganfan for President every day, writing hordes of speeches, and putting my blood and energy into electing him president, he was asking for a job in Mr. Gustaf's Administration?

I think so, He is just trying to find power.. he is power hungry..
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2004, 04:44:39 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2004, 04:46:41 PM by Vice- President Elect supersoulty »

No, it was after he already dropped out.  My mistake.

I have bad Intermediate memory.  I always get confused with the order of this that have happened in the 2 weeks- 4 months.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2004, 04:49:36 PM »

Just like me. I forget things after a month or so. That why people think it's strange that i'm interested in history.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2004, 04:53:44 PM »

Just like me. I forget things after a month or so. That why people think it's strange that i'm interested in history.

Well I have good short term memory and good long term memory, but terrible intermidiate memory.  Once things pass from intermidiate to long term I can remember them much more clearly.  Weird, no?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2004, 02:14:04 AM »

Hey and by the way, I can see why you guys are voting Bush. Here is an intelligent fact by Reaganfan, and I promise this is the start of the new Reaganfan:

If my dad (AN OHIO COP) gets the promotion he wants, he will be having a lot more money. In John Kerry's plan, my father (MIDDLE CLASS, AND WE ARE NOT DOING TOO WELL RIGHT NOW) will be in Kerry's mind in the wealthiest one percent so he will get his ass taxed BIG TIME.

VOTE BUSH. (WOW, REAGANFAN ACTUALLY MADE A POINT LIKE A REAL GROWN-UP)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2004, 05:55:08 AM »

Well, it seems I killed that thread.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2004, 08:02:01 AM »

Hey and by the way, I can see why you guys are voting Bush. Here is an intelligent fact by Reaganfan, and I promise this is the start of the new Reaganfan:

If my dad (AN OHIO COP) gets the promotion he wants, he will be having a lot more money. In John Kerry's plan, my father (MIDDLE CLASS, AND WE ARE NOT DOING TOO WELL RIGHT NOW) will be in Kerry's mind in the wealthiest one percent so he will get his ass taxed BIG TIME.

Your dad will be making over $200,000 per year? That's not middle class in my book. Plus, they are paying cops pretty well in Ohio now, I guess.....
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2004, 08:11:51 AM »
« Edited: June 26, 2004, 08:12:33 AM by Reaganfan »

Mr. Pre- I mean, Mr. Nym, my father has to pay 800 dollars child support. Also, TAXES, as well as gas, electric, Home phone, cell phone, water, BILLS. Plus, i live here during the summer. He pays for me here, while the child support goes to my mom. He is paying double for me. And the last thing we need right now is a LEFT-WING BORE named John F'ing Kerry to get into office, consider my father to be "RICH" and tax him until we all die from a terror attack he did nothing to prevent.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2004, 08:19:58 AM »

If you make more than 99% of all other people in the US, then by definition you aren't middle class. Those tax dollars that everyone else pays are what pays your father's salary, being a government employee. Due to the budget crisis that Bush is creating with the tax cuts, police and the like will eventually have to see huge cuts in their salary since the government will be so starved of money. Those tax dollars that he pays go right back into his own department.

Having come from a family with about 1/6 of that much income, it's hard for me to see someone who makes $200,000+ per year as not being well off. It's not just in John Kerry's mind that you are the top 1%, that's actually based on statistics. I realize there are all those bills and such, which everyone has, and child support (which my father had to pay as well), but a $200,000 income should be more than sufficient for someone to pay for all of life's necessities with more than enough left over.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2004, 08:51:59 AM »

Now now Mr. Nym. My father got in a car crash back in December. His 1994 bonneville was not badly wrecked, but since it was 10 years old, it was destroyed. He has been in hell ever since. Bush is helping us. His tax cuts helped my dad open his mail to find 600 smackers coming back to us thanks to Bush's tax cut.

You may walk around with your false facts, but you have to understand how stupid people have to be to get what John Kerry is saying. He is saying that "The economy is it's worse since the great depression." I almost barfed. Sick. Sick how people like my liberal grandparents can see a democrat say something and agree right away.

The older generation of democrats still say "REPUBLICANS ARE FOR THE RICH." Or...
"THEY WILL TAKE AWAY YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY!"
Oh man, come on people.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2004, 08:55:14 AM »

Which of my facts were false?

I symphathize with your father's position, but I assume he had car insurance to help cover the losses?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2004, 09:02:53 AM »

No. THE BONNEVILLE WAS DESTROYED.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2004, 10:35:33 AM »

Car insurance pays for that, correct? *doesn't know much about insurance*
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2004, 10:39:01 AM »

If your car is destroyed, and you have full insurance coverage, the insurance will pay you the car's fair market value, that is correct.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2004, 11:26:04 AM »

YES, but here is the deal.

Women crashed causing a six car accident. My dad's 1994 BONNEVILLE was not too bad, yet since it was old it was considered a total loss. So, they found 3 cars like it, compared the prices, and gve my father 1,800 to find a new car. This was on December 5-20, 2003. After that, he got (USING SOME OF HIS OWN MONEY) a new Honda. He got it for 2000 exactly. Then, the radiator was shot a few days later. Totallly rusted. So he pays 300 for that to be fixed. He pays another 300 to get the heating and cooling fixed. THEN COMES CHRISTMAS 2003 FOR THREE KIDS... Now take all that money and add on the what I said before with the taxes and bills, and 800 dollars child support plus paying for me double over summer.... AND TAKE ALL THAT OUT OF MY FATHER'S PAY. Add on a dumb French looking president who will condsider my dad (THE NEW SARGENT) the weathiest one percent, and there are the facts.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2004, 11:58:05 AM »

Kerry won't consider your dad the wealthiest one percent unless he actually is in the top one percent of incomes, in which case he isn't middle class, by definition.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2004, 12:34:48 PM »

Kerry won't consider your dad the wealthiest one percent unless he actually is in the top one percent of incomes, in which case he isn't middle class, by definition.

The problem with Kerry and other dems is that they are class-obsessed.  Here and America our classes are not static entities.  You may be poor this year and rich in a couple of decades.  Trying to divide people based on class just doesn't work very well.  All of these terms are relative.  The "rich" are basically just people who were poor twenty years ago, but have since worked their way up the income ladder through promotions and pay increases that come with work experience.  

The vast majority of people who are "poor" are single, young men and women who have only recently entered the work force.  For instance, the moment I move out of my parents' house, I will official be part of the lowest income bracket.  But I won't really be "poor" in the more classical sense of the word, I just won't have reached my highest earning potential.

The fact that Kerry insists on defining his entire economic policy through class rhetoric indicates that he doesn't really understand the way America and Americans work.  Why, if classes in America are dynamic, should we tax one group to benefit another?
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2004, 12:47:55 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2004, 12:48:13 PM by Brambila »

Please, somebody wake me up and tell me that this debate has anything to do with the topic?

Woah, that reminds me...

(Wake me up!) Wake me up inside
(I can't wake up) Wake me up inside
(Save me!) Call my name and save me from the dark..

(Wake me up) Bid my blood to run
(I can't wake) Before I go undone
(save me!) Save me from the nothing I've before...

Bring... me... to... life..

AMY LEE IS HOT, AMEN.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2004, 12:52:01 PM »

Your dad will be making over $200,000 per year? That's not middle class in my book. Plus, they are paying cops pretty well in Ohio now, I guess.....

Clinton was onty going to raise taxes on people making over $200,000 a year too, remember?  What ever happened to that middle-class tax cut?
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2004, 12:54:31 PM »

Well if you don't trust him, that's another thing. But the fact remains that the top 1% is not middle class by definition.

Overall I think Clinton's economic policy worked pretty well. And he didn't raise taxes on anyone but those in the top bracket.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies