My Explanation in Full (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:55:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  My Explanation in Full (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My Explanation in Full  (Read 2930 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« on: June 26, 2004, 08:02:01 AM »

Hey and by the way, I can see why you guys are voting Bush. Here is an intelligent fact by Reaganfan, and I promise this is the start of the new Reaganfan:

If my dad (AN OHIO COP) gets the promotion he wants, he will be having a lot more money. In John Kerry's plan, my father (MIDDLE CLASS, AND WE ARE NOT DOING TOO WELL RIGHT NOW) will be in Kerry's mind in the wealthiest one percent so he will get his ass taxed BIG TIME.

VOTE BUSH. (WOW, REAGANFAN ACTUALLY MADE A POINT LIKE A REAL GROWN-UP)

Your dad will be making over $200,000 per year? That's not middle class in my book. Plus, they are paying cops pretty well in Ohio now, I guess.....
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2004, 08:19:58 AM »

If you make more than 99% of all other people in the US, then by definition you aren't middle class. Those tax dollars that everyone else pays are what pays your father's salary, being a government employee. Due to the budget crisis that Bush is creating with the tax cuts, police and the like will eventually have to see huge cuts in their salary since the government will be so starved of money. Those tax dollars that he pays go right back into his own department.

Having come from a family with about 1/6 of that much income, it's hard for me to see someone who makes $200,000+ per year as not being well off. It's not just in John Kerry's mind that you are the top 1%, that's actually based on statistics. I realize there are all those bills and such, which everyone has, and child support (which my father had to pay as well), but a $200,000 income should be more than sufficient for someone to pay for all of life's necessities with more than enough left over.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2004, 08:55:14 AM »

Which of my facts were false?

I symphathize with your father's position, but I assume he had car insurance to help cover the losses?
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2004, 10:39:01 AM »

If your car is destroyed, and you have full insurance coverage, the insurance will pay you the car's fair market value, that is correct.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2004, 11:58:05 AM »

Kerry won't consider your dad the wealthiest one percent unless he actually is in the top one percent of incomes, in which case he isn't middle class, by definition.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2004, 12:54:31 PM »

Well if you don't trust him, that's another thing. But the fact remains that the top 1% is not middle class by definition.

Overall I think Clinton's economic policy worked pretty well. And he didn't raise taxes on anyone but those in the top bracket.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2004, 01:00:20 PM »

I realize that, Soulty, but what does that have to do with tax cuts?

I'm sorry that your dad bought a lemon of a car for a replacement, Reaganfan. Unfortunately that's part of the risk of buying used cars, if they aren't checked out carefully first.

Also, your dad wasn't in the top 1% of tax earners yet at the time of this accident, so it really is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2004, 01:00:52 PM »

GWBfan--

Midterms are third weekend of August, presidential race the third weekend of October.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2004, 09:42:25 PM »

Hey and by the way, I can see why you guys are voting Bush. Here is an intelligent fact by Reaganfan, and I promise this is the start of the new Reaganfan:

If my dad (AN OHIO COP) gets the promotion he wants, he will be having a lot more money. In John Kerry's plan, my father (MIDDLE CLASS, AND WE ARE NOT DOING TOO WELL RIGHT NOW) will be in Kerry's mind in the wealthiest one percent so he will get his ass taxed BIG TIME.

Your dad will be making over $200,000 per year? That's not middle class in my book. Plus, they are paying cops pretty well in Ohio now, I guess.....

$200,000 per year?

That is truly tragic, I really feel sorry for him, I mean, come on, ONLY $200,000 per year? That is about $70,000 to $80,000 more than my parents make between them and I consider us to be very lucky.

I cannot see how he "will be in Kerry's mind in the wealthiest one percent" if he is not actually in there, because, presumably they go by some kind of statistics and didn't just sit down and say, hey this Naso fellow, I think he should be part of the wealthiest one percent, let's charge him a load extra.

My guess it that, as a cop, he won't actually be making $200,000/year (maybe he will, if so, great, but not too many cops make that kind of cash) and thus won't actually be in the top one percent.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2004, 08:56:48 AM »

$200,000 per year?

That is truly tragic, I really feel sorry for him, I mean, come on, ONLY $200,000 per year? That is about $70,000 to $80,000 more than my parents make between them and I consider us to be very lucky.

I cannot see how he "will be in Kerry's mind in the wealthiest one percent" if he is not actually in there, because, presumably they go by some kind of statistics and didn't just sit down and say, hey this Naso fellow, I think he should be part of the wealthiest one percent, let's charge him a load extra.

My guess it that, as a cop, he won't actually be making $200,000/year (maybe he will, if so, great, but not too many cops make that kind of cash) and thus won't actually be in the top one percent.

I think top 1% is about $350,000/year, so he's not going to be in the top 1% anyway.  But I kind of doubt a cop would earn that much.

No kerry said himself he will raise taxes on any one make or make more then 100,000 a year....

Oh really? Can you find a link to the exact quote?
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2004, 08:58:14 AM »

$200,000 per year?

I think top 1% is about $350,000/year, so he's not going to be in the top 1% anyway.  But I kind of doubt a cop would earn that much.

Oh, it's 350,000? For some reason I thought it was 200k...maybe that's the cut off for top 5%. That only makes my argument stronger....350k/year is definitely not middle class. My family's income was 1/10 that much!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies