My Explanation in Full (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:28:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  My Explanation in Full (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My Explanation in Full  (Read 2927 times)
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« on: June 26, 2004, 12:34:48 PM »

Kerry won't consider your dad the wealthiest one percent unless he actually is in the top one percent of incomes, in which case he isn't middle class, by definition.

The problem with Kerry and other dems is that they are class-obsessed.  Here and America our classes are not static entities.  You may be poor this year and rich in a couple of decades.  Trying to divide people based on class just doesn't work very well.  All of these terms are relative.  The "rich" are basically just people who were poor twenty years ago, but have since worked their way up the income ladder through promotions and pay increases that come with work experience.  

The vast majority of people who are "poor" are single, young men and women who have only recently entered the work force.  For instance, the moment I move out of my parents' house, I will official be part of the lowest income bracket.  But I won't really be "poor" in the more classical sense of the word, I just won't have reached my highest earning potential.

The fact that Kerry insists on defining his entire economic policy through class rhetoric indicates that he doesn't really understand the way America and Americans work.  Why, if classes in America are dynamic, should we tax one group to benefit another?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies