Family plans vigil for man killed by NYPD on day of his wedding
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:23:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Family plans vigil for man killed by NYPD on day of his wedding
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: According to the story, were the police justified?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Family plans vigil for man killed by NYPD on day of his wedding  (Read 4362 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2006, 11:26:19 AM »

I support NY police and the fight against crime.

Ok, but what does that have to do with this thread?  Slaughtering innocent darks may sort of buck up a weary crime fighter, but other than the psychological benefits of this thrill, I don't see how it helps 'fight crime'.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2006, 11:42:04 PM »

Ok, but what does that have to do with this thread?  Slaughtering innocent darks may sort of buck up a weary crime fighter, but other than the psychological benefits of this thrill, I don't see how it helps 'fight crime'.

You are a fool.  A"dark" fired the first shot but I'm sure he is just a Tom to someone as racially aware as yourself.

Everyone loves to play Monday morning quarterback with the police when it is not their lives on the line (especially the whiney prick of a mayor)  These 50 shots were all fired within 10 seconds. Split second decisons are made and mistakes happen- especially when you feel your life is in danger.  The story holds The first undercover, a person of color for what it is worth, fired the first shot that went through the vehicle and hit the other undercover car- thinking they were being fired upon a deadly barrage ensued. 

It is the undercover cops assertion that he stradled the hood and identified himself.  Who knows.  It was a tragic incident but one should not automatically assume that the cops are executioners. Other side of the token most blacks and browns I know think this stemmed more from a general sense that their youths are automatically suspicious in the eyes of the badges.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2006, 08:12:15 AM »

You are a fool.  A"dark" fired the first shot but I'm sure he is just a Tom to someone as racially aware as yourself.

Other side of the token most blacks and browns I know think this stemmed more from a general sense that their youths are automatically suspicious in the eyes of the badges.

Excuse me, but your post contradicts your own attack on me.

In any case, what on earth were 'undercovers' doing harrassing these people and this bar in the first place?  Because the police state interferes with normal human pursuit of prostitution and drugs!  It is in the very nature of the mission of the police in the US to be brutal and dangerous, to no actual benefit to the commoners.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies