Family plans vigil for man killed by NYPD on day of his wedding
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:30:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Family plans vigil for man killed by NYPD on day of his wedding
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: According to the story, were the police justified?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Family plans vigil for man killed by NYPD on day of his wedding  (Read 4311 times)
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2006, 01:01:19 AM »

He is a suburban Detroiter and a Republican, Gabu. You act as if you are surprised to his apparent pleasure with the ruthless police murder of a black man!

Exactly. This is really not a surprise, especially if you remember what Inky thinks about African-Americans in general.

Interesting that it's always "pro-lifers" who salivate at the sight of police and military mayhem, btw.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2006, 11:20:03 AM »
« Edited: November 28, 2006, 11:29:45 AM by Progress »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AyvrqcxNIFs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wctK7ziK41Y&NR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09rtS4pFTS4

Anyway I'd say that like half of cops picked their jobs for the ability to abuse their authority and the other half are good honest and hardworking people who are just out to serve the public good.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2006, 02:38:07 PM »

This is one of the many reasons why people in poor neighborhoods distrust the police.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2006, 05:13:47 PM »

James, are you a former police officer or am I misremembering?

That's was Jfraud.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2006, 05:24:27 PM »

The thing that strikes me as especially bad is how much they fired at the car...
NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -2.26

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2006, 05:34:08 PM »

The thing that strikes me as especially bad is how much they fired at the car...

One guy fired 31 times! Hmmm... maybe he was PISSED at them running over his foot!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2006, 09:24:52 PM »

That's was Jfraud.

I REALLY think the cop was freedomburns...
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2006, 09:26:11 PM »

That's was Jfraud.

No, it wasn't.  CARLHAYDEN yelled at jfern for that, but he was confused.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2006, 10:38:51 PM »

today on the news, he rammed the car while being shot at.  And several of the cops were black as well.

Completely justified--no questions.

Again, did he know that they were cops, or did he think they were a black gang shooting at him or something?  It said in the original article that the cops were undercover.

I'm sure they said, stop, police--they don't just start shooting people.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2006, 10:40:00 PM »

I still have questions.  As Gabu said, did they identify as police, as required by protocol?

Didn't you know? A very recent Supreme Court (I forget which, I will look it up) ruling stated that police no longer have to identify themselves before they take (lethal) action.

I had no idea.  Frankly, I should probably research the matter before I say that it ever was protocol...but it does seem odd that they would shoot him before they identified.

It's entering a house and serving a warrant.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2006, 10:42:34 PM »

He is a suburban Detroiter and a Republican, Gabu. You act as if you are surprised to his apparent pleasure with the ruthless police murder of a black man!

Exactly. This is really not a surprise, especially if you remember what Inky thinks about African-Americans in general.

Interesting that it's always "pro-lifers" who salivate at the sight of police and military mayhem, btw.

I have never said anything bad about African Americans.  I simply said that the ones who are in the positions that they are--it is their fault.  Just like the white peopl.  I have black friends, you know.

And no, I'm not one of those pro-lifers who blows up abortion clinics--that's wrong too.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2006, 10:44:06 PM »

I have never said anything bad about African Americans.  I simply said that the ones who are in the positions that they are--it is their fault.  Just like the white peopl.  I have black friends, you know.

Do you have any poor friends, though?  If you grew up in an area with crappy schools, no real influences, and no chances of getting out for most people, or in an abusive household, you would know how untrue this is.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2006, 10:45:15 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

WORDS TO LIVE BY.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2006, 10:57:19 PM »

Do you have any poor friends, though?  If you grew up in an area with crappy schools, no real influences, and no chances of getting out for most people, or in an abusive household, you would know how untrue this is.

poor no--people close to losing houses--yes

and I just went to a homeless shelter to help people--so I'm not a poor hater.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2006, 11:02:05 PM »

I wasn't accusing you of hating poor people.  I was accusing you of being ignorant.  Do you realise how little income mobility there is in the U.S.?  It's hard to change classes.  It isn't all "laziness."  Why would you say something like that?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2006, 11:05:55 PM »

I wasn't accusing you of hating poor people.  I was accusing you of being ignorant.  Do you realise how little income mobility there is in the U.S.?  It's hard to change classes.  It isn't all "laziness."  Why would you say something like that?

but others have.  and a lot of it is lziness
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2006, 11:06:15 PM »

...and I just went to a homeless shelter to help people--so I'm not a poor hater.

Yes, you are Inks.  Going down there and pestering them at the homeless shelter doesn't change the fact that you are voting for their oppression.

But back to cops.  We have a lot of young members on this forum and I think it is important we impress upon them how dangerous cops are.  Kids, one of the most dangerous things you will ever face is not a black person, not a poor person, but a cop.  Don't have anything to do with them if at all possible.  

I know, I know, you're thinking 'I'm upper middle class and white, so I'll be OK.. they'll kiss my ass and beat the brown people on my behalf' - NO.  If they get a chance they will bust you for anything they can make up - drug laws for example give them enormous power.  The safest course is always to avoid these thugs.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2006, 11:08:16 PM »

You are a completely out of touch fool if you think poor people are lazy.  These people work incredibly hard just to survive.  They certainly work far harder than their owners, who need not work at all.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2006, 11:09:26 PM »

I can't control other people.  You're only talking to me.

You didn't say a lot of it is laziness.  You said, and I quote, "the ones who are in the positions that they are--it is their fault."  Maybe in some cases.  But so?

Besides, being born upper middle class and being lazy can still get you a damn good job.  You don't think that being born lower-class isn't a huge barrier versus being born upper middle class?  You think they are actually significantly more lazy on the whole?  What do you base this on?

(Please ignore Opebo.  He just says the same boring "owner" lines over and over again.  Let's not encourage him to be boring.  Maybe if we don't pay attention to him, he'll do something interesting.)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2006, 11:11:25 PM »

today on the news, he rammed the car while being shot at.  And several of the cops were black as well.

Completely justified--no questions.

Again, did he know that they were cops, or did he think they were a black gang shooting at him or something?  It said in the original article that the cops were undercover.

I'm sure they said, stop, police--they don't just start shooting people.

Why are you sure of that?  The article never said that, and it's not exactly unheard of for police to do things that is, perhaps, outside of correct protocol.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2006, 11:16:31 PM »

(Please ignore Opebo.  He just says the same boring "owner" lines over and over again.  Let's not encourage him to be boring.  Maybe if we don't pay attention to him, he'll do something interesting.)

The main point is that poor people's lives are lives of unremitting toil, rewarded with the barest survival, Alcon.  The relative ease of the owning class which enslaves them is the other side of the same coin, but you may consider the first statement on its own if you prefer.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2006, 12:49:29 AM »

Having token black friends doesn't mean you can't still join the Nazi party.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2006, 12:52:44 AM »

Having token black friends doesn't mean you can't still join the Nazi party.

I once read a random post from a guy on a white supremacist forum who said that he justified having black friends while being a white supremacist by visualizing them as white when he's with them.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2006, 05:56:45 AM »

I support NY police and the fight against crime.
NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -2.26

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2006, 07:55:39 AM »

That's was Jfraud.

No, it wasn't.  CARLHAYDEN yelled at jfern for that, but he was confused.

Actually, it was raggage. He claimed to be a police officer in LA IIRC and sported a red CA avatar. He was very liberal which surprised a lot of people here since nobody seems to believe police can hold non-stereotypical views. He hasn't posted in over a year.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies