Family plans vigil for man killed by NYPD on day of his wedding (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:42:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Family plans vigil for man killed by NYPD on day of his wedding (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: According to the story, were the police justified?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Family plans vigil for man killed by NYPD on day of his wedding  (Read 4365 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: November 26, 2006, 10:06:39 PM »

A hail of bullets over a fender bender?  Yikes.

A  dui check perhaps, but to make a judgement this poor those cops had to either be drinking on the job, or truely inept .

a fender bender.  They heard him say he had a gun.  And it sounds like he hit the cops on purpose.

As far as I know, I don't think that the police consider claiming to have a gun justification for shooting for the kill.  Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong (James, are you a former police officer or am I misremembering?)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 10:48:19 PM »

^^^

The police are justified in doing anything they want.  When you question the men and women who protect us on the streets, anarchy and chaos break out.  That's not acceptable.

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not.  I hope you are, because otherwise that is a very scary way of thinking.

Ebowed has been posting for how many years? Tongue
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 10:40:35 PM »

I still have questions.  As Gabu said, did they identify as police, as required by protocol?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 10:43:43 PM »

I still have questions.  As Gabu said, did they identify as police, as required by protocol?

Didn't you know? A very recent Supreme Court (I forget which, I will look it up) ruling stated that police no longer have to identify themselves before they take (lethal) action.

I had no idea.  Frankly, I should probably research the matter before I say that it ever was protocol...but it does seem odd that they would shoot him before they identified.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 09:26:11 PM »

James, are you a former police officer or am I misremembering?

That's was Jfraud.

No, it wasn't.  CARLHAYDEN yelled at jfern for that, but he was confused.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 10:44:06 PM »

I have never said anything bad about African Americans.  I simply said that the ones who are in the positions that they are--it is their fault.  Just like the white peopl.  I have black friends, you know.

Do you have any poor friends, though?  If you grew up in an area with crappy schools, no real influences, and no chances of getting out for most people, or in an abusive household, you would know how untrue this is.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 11:02:05 PM »

I have never said anything bad about African Americans.  I simply said that the ones who are in the positions that they are--it is their fault.  Just like the white peopl.  I have black friends, you know.

Do you have any poor friends, though?  If you grew up in an area with crappy schools, no real influences, and no chances of getting out for most people, or in an abusive household, you would know how untrue this is.

poor no--people close to losing houses--yes

and I just went to a homeless shelter to help people--so I'm not a poor hater.

I wasn't accusing you of hating poor people.  I was accusing you of being ignorant.  Do you realise how little income mobility there is in the U.S.?  It's hard to change classes.  It isn't all "laziness."  Why would you say something like that?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 11:09:26 PM »

but others have.  and a lot of it is lziness

I can't control other people.  You're only talking to me.

You didn't say a lot of it is laziness.  You said, and I quote, "the ones who are in the positions that they are--it is their fault."  Maybe in some cases.  But so?

Besides, being born upper middle class and being lazy can still get you a damn good job.  You don't think that being born lower-class isn't a huge barrier versus being born upper middle class?  You think they are actually significantly more lazy on the whole?  What do you base this on?

(Please ignore Opebo.  He just says the same boring "owner" lines over and over again.  Let's not encourage him to be boring.  Maybe if we don't pay attention to him, he'll do something interesting.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies