Family plans vigil for man killed by NYPD on day of his wedding (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:28:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Family plans vigil for man killed by NYPD on day of his wedding (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: According to the story, were the police justified?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Family plans vigil for man killed by NYPD on day of his wedding  (Read 4396 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: November 28, 2006, 10:45:15 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

WORDS TO LIVE BY.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 11:06:15 PM »

...and I just went to a homeless shelter to help people--so I'm not a poor hater.

Yes, you are Inks.  Going down there and pestering them at the homeless shelter doesn't change the fact that you are voting for their oppression.

But back to cops.  We have a lot of young members on this forum and I think it is important we impress upon them how dangerous cops are.  Kids, one of the most dangerous things you will ever face is not a black person, not a poor person, but a cop.  Don't have anything to do with them if at all possible.  

I know, I know, you're thinking 'I'm upper middle class and white, so I'll be OK.. they'll kiss my ass and beat the brown people on my behalf' - NO.  If they get a chance they will bust you for anything they can make up - drug laws for example give them enormous power.  The safest course is always to avoid these thugs.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 11:08:16 PM »

I wasn't accusing you of hating poor people.  I was accusing you of being ignorant.  Do you realise how little income mobility there is in the U.S.?  It's hard to change classes.  It isn't all "laziness."  Why would you say something like that?

but others have.  and a lot of it is lziness

You are a completely out of touch fool if you think poor people are lazy.  These people work incredibly hard just to survive.  They certainly work far harder than their owners, who need not work at all.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 11:16:31 PM »

(Please ignore Opebo.  He just says the same boring "owner" lines over and over again.  Let's not encourage him to be boring.  Maybe if we don't pay attention to him, he'll do something interesting.)

The main point is that poor people's lives are lives of unremitting toil, rewarded with the barest survival, Alcon.  The relative ease of the owning class which enslaves them is the other side of the same coin, but you may consider the first statement on its own if you prefer.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 11:26:19 AM »

I support NY police and the fight against crime.

Ok, but what does that have to do with this thread?  Slaughtering innocent darks may sort of buck up a weary crime fighter, but other than the psychological benefits of this thrill, I don't see how it helps 'fight crime'.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 08:12:15 AM »

I support NY police and the fight against crime.

Ok, but what does that have to do with this thread?  Slaughtering innocent darks may sort of buck up a weary crime fighter, but other than the psychological benefits of this thrill, I don't see how it helps 'fight crime'.

You are a fool.  A"dark" fired the first shot but I'm sure he is just a Tom to someone as racially aware as yourself.

Other side of the token most blacks and browns I know think this stemmed more from a general sense that their youths are automatically suspicious in the eyes of the badges.

Excuse me, but your post contradicts your own attack on me.

In any case, what on earth were 'undercovers' doing harrassing these people and this bar in the first place?  Because the police state interferes with normal human pursuit of prostitution and drugs!  It is in the very nature of the mission of the police in the US to be brutal and dangerous, to no actual benefit to the commoners.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies