Family plans vigil for man killed by NYPD on day of his wedding (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:04:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Family plans vigil for man killed by NYPD on day of his wedding (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: According to the story, were the police justified?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Family plans vigil for man killed by NYPD on day of his wedding  (Read 4394 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: November 26, 2006, 09:52:22 PM »

Uh:

Police shot 50 rounds at the groom's car as he drove away from his bachelor party, killing the 23-year-old hours before he was to walk down the aisle.

Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said it was too early to say whether the shooting was justified.

Police thought one of the men in the car might have had a gun, but investigators found no weapons. It was unclear what prompted police to open fire, Kelly said.

You think it was justified, even though the police aren't sure whether or not it was justified?  On what do you base your decision?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 10:18:40 PM »

A hail of bullets over a fender bender?  Yikes.

A  dui check perhaps, but to make a judgement this poor those cops had to either be drinking on the job, or truely inept .

a fender bender.  They heard him say he had a gun.  And it sounds like he hit the cops on purpose.

Did he even know they were cops?  It said they were undercover.  I don't see any evidence in the text of the article itself saying that he was purposely attacking cops, or that he even knew that they were cops.

He did hit the car twice, but from what I read, the gunfire had already started before he hit the car again.  If I was a guy in a car with a bunch of police officers emptying multiple clips in my general direction, I somehow don't think I'd drive very well.

Regarding the bit about a gun, here's the clip from the article:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I... can't exactly see where you got "they heard him say he had a gun".

No offense, but you seem to be reading an awful lot into this that is not present in the text, and I can't help but wonder why.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 10:28:01 PM »

today on the news, he rammed the car while being shot at.  And several of the cops were black as well.

Completely justified--no questions.

Again, did he know that they were cops, or did he think they were a black gang shooting at him or something?  It said in the original article that the cops were undercover.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 11:11:25 PM »

today on the news, he rammed the car while being shot at.  And several of the cops were black as well.

Completely justified--no questions.

Again, did he know that they were cops, or did he think they were a black gang shooting at him or something?  It said in the original article that the cops were undercover.

I'm sure they said, stop, police--they don't just start shooting people.

Why are you sure of that?  The article never said that, and it's not exactly unheard of for police to do things that is, perhaps, outside of correct protocol.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 12:52:44 AM »

Having token black friends doesn't mean you can't still join the Nazi party.

I once read a random post from a guy on a white supremacist forum who said that he justified having black friends while being a white supremacist by visualizing them as white when he's with them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies