Giuliani married his cousin?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:21:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Giuliani married his cousin?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Giuliani married his cousin?  (Read 1508 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 29, 2006, 09:53:07 AM »
« edited: November 29, 2006, 10:16:39 AM by nickshepDEM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

True or false?  Found it on Wiki, so I just wanted to confirm.

By the way, his current wife is hot...

WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 10:42:48 AM »

true.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 10:42:58 AM »

If true, this would greatly increase Giluiani's chances of winning the South against a Democratic candidate from that region.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 10:50:21 AM »

in case youve intolerant democrats have forgotten, fdr married his cousin (she even had the same last name!)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 11:02:59 AM »

in case youve intolerant democrats have forgotten, fdr married his cousin (she even had the same last name!)

And she was hideous!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 11:03:54 AM »

If true, this would greatly increase Giluiani's chances of winning the South against a Democratic candidate from that region.

LMMFAO

Great, just great.
elcorazon

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 11:57:19 AM »

I didn't read anything intolerant in this thread.

I doubt that they divorced due to their relationship though.  Nothing wrong with 2nd cousins marrying, at least if they didn't know it, particularly.
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 12:16:46 PM »

He definitely has more to worry about than that.  I hope he gets the nomination b/c I'd like to see NC, AR, and WV turn Democratic (though most seem to think North Carolinians are 70+% card-carrying facists.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 01:13:47 PM »

Marrying first cousins is a much bigger deal in my mind than marrying second cousins (there is a wide difference between the two).  Probably won't have much of an effect, especially since it's quite a while in the past, but who knows, maybe someone will run well with it!
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 01:22:08 PM »

It's still wrong, if there's any reasonable way you can trace your lineage to another person.... can you just, i dunno, like, not marry them?  Seriously.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 01:30:04 PM »

Marrying first cousins is a much bigger deal in my mind than marrying second cousins (there is a wide difference between the two).  Probably won't have much of an effect, especially since it's quite a while in the past, but who knows, maybe someone will run well with it!

True it is not as big of a deal, but still thats not right. That means his wife was his fathers first cousin. Imagine your kid marrying your first cousin!
NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -2.26

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006, 01:49:42 PM »

Brostepuncle? Sistepaunt?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2006, 02:21:27 PM »

I'd like to point out that cousin-marrying is illegal in Mississippi.

I know this because my mom knows a guy whose wife left him for her cousin and they had to go to Tennessee to get married...

and how can you not know that you're second cousins?  Seems like an easy thing to figure out, especially after 14 years!!

and yeah, Guiliani's current wife is hot.  There's now a 2% chance I'll vote for him, but it's really a vote for her as First Lady.
Conan
conan

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2006, 03:14:30 PM »

That was in a time when it wasnt very uncommon but not really common.
Conan
conan

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2006, 03:31:01 PM »

Oh and maybe the republicans should stop pulling the fundraising in the Hamptons card because Giuliani lives there.

http://www.forbes.com/realestate/2005/01/21/cx_sc_0121movers.html

"     A photo spread in the News shows the gleaming Water Mill mansion that Giuliani bought with his wife, Judith. The couple apparently closed on the 6,000-square-foot-plus home within the last few weeks.

The hilltop estate has seven bedrooms and seven-and-a-half baths. Situated on one acre of land, the traditional-style shingled house features cypress floors, a paneled library, wine cellar, steam room and sauna and cigar room. Neighbors include Peter Jennings, news anchor for ABC, and Matt Lauer, co-anchor of NBC's Today Show.

Real estate sources said the final price was closer to the $3.2 million reported by the Observer than the $3.4 million reported in the Daily News.  "

Pictures here: http://www.corcoran.com/agents/press_view.aspx?region=LI&userid=GDEPERSIA&pub_id=4399&article=P

Oh and can't forget his Palm Beach Condo in a high rise.
http://www.forbes.com/realestate/2005/06/03/cx_sc_0603movers.html

Everyone in government is "elite". This northeast dem elite is crap.
Conan
conan

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2006, 03:38:58 PM »

Everyone in government is "elite". This northeast dem elite is crap.

Maybe only northeasterners are elite.
No, they are all rich and elite. Except for Jon Tester.
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.61, S: 0.65

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2006, 04:18:37 PM »

I know this because my mom knows a guy whose wife left him for her cousin and they had to go to Tennessee to get married...

and how can you not know that you're second cousins?  Seems like an easy thing to figure out, especially after 14 years!!

and yeah, Guiliani's current wife is hot.  There's now a 2% chance I'll vote for him, but it's really a vote for her as First Lady.

Whoa! Since when does Tennessee allow this? This is news to me
elcorazon

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2006, 04:24:03 PM »

True it is not as big of a deal, but still thats not right. That means his wife was his fathers first cousin. Imagine your kid marrying your first cousin!
just cuz I like nitpicking, it's actually like your child marrying the child of your first cousin, not your first cousin themselves (that would be a first cousin once removed). 

First cousins are people whose parents are siblings.  Second cousins are when the grandparents are siblings.  In some cases when grandparents have passed away and/or siblings weren't close, even second cousins can be seen as pretty distant.  Lots of 3rd cousins (great grandparents are siblings) would never even know they were related, even in this day and age, but especially going back a ways.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2006, 04:42:29 PM »

Whoa! Since when does Tennessee allow this? This is news to me

http://marriage.about.com/cs/marriagelicenses/a/cousin.htm

most states actually allow first cousins to marry, including Tennesseee.  In MS, only "adopted cousins" can marry.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2006, 06:12:25 PM »

Everyone is some sort of cousin. Eleanor's uncle Teddy was 5th cousins with Franklin, so they were 5th cousins once removed. Franklin had 1/64 of his genetic material from Nicholas Roosevelt, while Eleanor had 1/128 of hers from him, therefore 1/8192 overlap. Big fricken deal.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2006, 08:06:08 PM »

What really amazes me is how you are married to someone for 14 years and ont know that they are your 2nd cousin its like they are 2345 cousins twice removed.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2006, 08:12:49 PM »

At least he knew they were related... Tongue

I believe they were more distantly related, too... regardless of the name.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies