Bush acting stupid again/Jim Webb = Awesome (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:31:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bush acting stupid again/Jim Webb = Awesome (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bush acting stupid again/Jim Webb = Awesome  (Read 12183 times)
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

« on: November 29, 2006, 07:04:12 PM »

I'm also intrigued that we don't have the exact quote from Webb, but we do from Bush. 

Read the links.

"How's your boy?" Bush asked, referring to Webb's son, a Marine serving in Iraq.

"I'd like to get them out of Iraq, Mr. President," Webb responded, echoing a campaign theme.

"That's not what I asked you," Bush said. "How's your boy?"

"That's between me and my boy, Mr. President," Webb said coldly, ending the conversation on the State Floor of the East Wing of the White House.

Reading this, I would say that Webb is the one being a prick.  Bush asks him about his son, and Webb responds with a campaign slogan.

Spot on...Webb is being cold and classless.   

If I was Webb I would have said "He's doing well but he would really like to come home."  That shows tact and respect - something that Webb needs to learn fast!
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 08:23:42 PM »

Honestly, Webb should have beaten the sh**t out of Bush. Bush sent Webb's son off to risk his life in some utterly pointless war. Bush is complete human trash.

Respect is earned - not given.

If President Bush had done or said one single thing throughtout this entire Iraq disaster without completely f***ing it up, you might have a point.  

As things stand, you don't.

It doesn't matter that you support Bush or not.  However, taking the high road is sometimes better - which Webb should have done and failed to do.  Since you both disagree with Bush then you say it is okay for Webb to stup towards Bush's level (if Webb does what Jfern would have done in that situation).

Respect is a lot better than disrespect, even to someone you can not agree with or tolerate - something both of you need to learn!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies