Bush acting stupid again/Jim Webb = Awesome (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:23:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bush acting stupid again/Jim Webb = Awesome (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bush acting stupid again/Jim Webb = Awesome  (Read 12153 times)
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« on: November 29, 2006, 06:25:56 PM »

I'm also intrigued that we don't have the exact quote from Webb, but we do from Bush. 

Read the links.

"How's your boy?" Bush asked, referring to Webb's son, a Marine serving in Iraq.

"I'd like to get them out of Iraq, Mr. President," Webb responded, echoing a campaign theme.

"That's not what I asked you," Bush said. "How's your boy?"

"That's between me and my boy, Mr. President," Webb said coldly, ending the conversation on the State Floor of the East Wing of the White House.

Reading this, I would say that Webb is the one being a prick.  Bush asks him about his son, and Webb responds with a campaign slogan.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 09:03:04 PM »

Webb replied that he'd like to see him come home, which is probably his son's feelings on the matter.

See, but that's not what he said.  He said "I'd like to get them out of Iraq, Mr. President."  He didn't respond regarding his son, he phrased it as a general policy point.  If he had said something like "I like to see him out of Iraq," that would have been more appropriate.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 09:11:15 PM »

See, but that's not what he said.  He said "I'd like to get them out of Iraq, Mr. President."  He didn't respond regarding his son, he phrased it as a general policy point.  If he had said something like "I like to see him out of Iraq," that would have been more appropriate.

Or "He'd like to be out of Iraq".

Or anything that personalized it really.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 09:26:28 PM »

Well, Webb isnt really playing politics. It's personal to him not just an election strategy of running against the president and meeting him and then being pals but one of running against his policies and seriously disliking him because he is wrong and it isnt just a game.

Run-on sentences are your enemy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies