Tancredo insults Jeb Bush, the city of Miami (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:02:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Tancredo insults Jeb Bush, the city of Miami (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tancredo insults Jeb Bush, the city of Miami  (Read 6949 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 30, 2006, 05:34:45 PM »

I don't think he should apologize, since the city does look like a foreign country.  However, is it proper for an elected politician from one state insult the city of another state?  No.  But there is no cause for him to apoligze.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 07:23:50 PM »

I don't think he should apologize, since the city does look like a foreign country.  However, is it proper for an elected politician from one state insult the city of another state?  No.  But there is no cause for him to apoligze.

Why do you pretend to be an Independent?  It isn't fooling anyone.

Even if you were representing Tancredo's comments correctly, he would be guilty of inspiring nationalistic hatred and even possible racism.  But to say that a part of the United States looks like a third world country because of the presence of Spanish-speaking immigrants is simply despicable.

What did I say imply I'm not an independent?  Being a non-Tancredo fan, I think my comment was quite objective.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 10:24:25 PM »

I'm just calling BS when I see it.  Tancredo proves himself to be a moron yet again, and it's hardly surprising that you are defending him.

I'm not defending him.  Go back to what I said.  I said that what he said was stupid, but not that he needs to apologize.  If I was defending him, I would have said something like "He's only saying the truth.  Miami is highly hispanic (over 60% according to the US censuc), over 50% of all residents foreign born, 67% speaking something other than English at home, 19% under the poverty level, etc . . ."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies