Walmart vs. Target (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:49:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Walmart vs. Target (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Walmart vs. Target  (Read 11275 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« on: December 04, 2006, 01:42:04 PM »
« edited: December 04, 2006, 02:23:33 PM by memphis »

SuperWalMart's groceries are quite a bit cheaper than SuperTarget's, and Target's clothes are better quality and more fashion conscious. Other goods are pretty much the same. Target has a way nicer feel and I don't mind browsing there. I hate going to WalMart, which is also further away, although I do for the prices.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 06:10:47 PM »

Never been to a Walmart-- not that I have anything against it, oh no. I might shop there quite often. None has ever been built anywhere I've ever lived. In fact, I have only seen a Wal-mart once, when I was visiting my cousin in San Jose and we were trying to Monterrey to visit some of his other kin. I saw it over the left side of the interstate, and yes, it was huge. Otherwise, I have shopped at just about every store imaginable, Target, Lowes, Home Depot, Hechts, Kmart, Sears, the Salvation army etc., massive shopping centers, you name it. But never seen a Wal-mart in the past 6 years.

I understand your frustration.  I lived in Arlington, TX for five years.  No Walmart.  Kmarts and Targets, but no Walmart.  Then I lived in Boston for five years.  No Walmarts there either, but if you're in the greater Boston area, the nearest one is in Lynn, near the Lynn/Revere town limits, just na'ath of Revere.  Not one of the more impressive ones, though.  Then I moved out to California for three years.  Woo hoo!  Walmarts everywhere.  Nice climate too.  Then I moved to Columbus, MS and have been here for two years.  In Columbus I discovered the Walmart Supercenter.

"Dude, this is the coolest thing I have ever seen."
         --Butthead

Indeed.  You can get a head of lettuce, a quart of motor oil, a fried chicken, insurance, a bouquet of flowers, and your hair and nails done all under one roof.  I probably mentioned that I've been to walmarts in four countries and in nearly every state in the union.  Been to quite a few supercenters too.  I once went to four Walmarts in one day.  Been to neighborhoods where walmart is considered very chic and somewhat expensive (e.g., Mexico City) and neighborhoods where they're dumps (e.g., Lynn/Revere).  I know that there are towns with no Walmarts, but you're never really that far from a Walmart.  If you truly desire it, you can generally find one within an hour or so from whereever you are, assuming you're not in the desert or in the middle of the sea.

www.walmart.com has a store locator for your convience.  Just a click away. 

Smiley

(even that thing is Walmart)

I shop at Wal-Mart as much as the next guy, but you're a little overzealous.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies