Evan Bayh Media Alert
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:38:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Evan Bayh Media Alert
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Evan Bayh Media Alert  (Read 3135 times)
tulip
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 30, 2006, 10:44:17 PM »

Indiana Senator Evan Bayh (D-IN) will be appearing on ABC News' This Week with George Stephanopoulos on Sunday, December 3, 2006. The following blurb is from the website of the show:

SUNDAY EXCLUSIVE: Sen. Evan Bayh, D-Ind., discusses the increasing violence in Iraq and his 2008 presidential ambitions.

Consult your local TV listings for the time that it airs.

http://abcnews.go.com/ThisWeek/
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 08:21:23 AM »

Smiley  I hope he runs.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 04:11:58 PM »

Thanks for the heads up.
tulip
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 06:17:07 PM »

Well I've known for a few days. It's been hard to keep silent but now I can YELL IT!!!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061201/ap_on_el_pr/bayh2008_2

WASHINGTON - Indiana Sen. Evan Bayh (news, bio, voting record), a Democrat with a record of political success in a Republican-leaning state, intends to take the first official step toward a 2008 presidential campaign early next week, officials said Friday.
ADVERTISEMENT

Bayh's plans include creation of a presidential exploratory committee, as well as appearances Monday in Iowa and next weekend in New Hampshire, two early states on the campaign calendar.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 06:35:46 PM »

I'm split between supporting Bayh, Richardson, or Clark.
tulip
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 06:48:37 PM »

They are all good people. The best thing to do is to simply look at their experience and qualifications.  Then compare and make your choice.

Bayh is second to Clinton in fundraising so he has solid backing. Just keep an open mind to all the candidates.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 06:57:52 PM »

Bayh seems to be some hawkish DLCer. Thanks for getting us into Iraq, Evan. You could have listened to the largest protest in history against the war before it started, but no, you're no leader.
tulip
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 07:16:35 PM »

I think you can thank every Democratic Senator except Feingold.......who isn't running.

Bayh, like Edwards and Kerry has recanted his vote on Iraq. As far as I know Hillary is the only candidate who hasn't.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 07:41:59 PM »

I think you can thank every Democratic Senator except Feingold.......who isn't running.

Huh?  What do you mean, *every* Democratic Senator except Feingold?  21 Senate Democrats (plus Chaffee and Jeffords, not to mention a *majority* of House Democrats) voted against the war:

Senate roll call on Iraq War

Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2006, 07:51:53 PM »

Bayh seems to be some hawkish DLCer. Thanks for getting us into Iraq, Evan. You could have listened to the largest protest in history against the war before it started, but no, you're no leader.

Those protests were based upon the "we hate war" rhetoric rather than the "Iraq has no WMDs" or "There is no evidence to suggest Saddam Hussein was involved in the 9/11 attacks" or "An insurgency that is very difficult to combat could emerge in post-Saddam Iraq, thus pulling the country into civil war and making things really sh**tty for us" rhetoric. If anything, Bayh should have consulted with someone like Richard Clarke, not leftist anti-war protestors.

That being said, Bayh has recanted his support for the war (unlike John Kerry in 2004, who said he would have voted for the Iraq War resolution) and supports something along the lines of a phased withdrawl, which seems like a very sensible strategy.
tulip
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 09:33:33 PM »

Huh?  What do you mean, *every* Democratic Senator except Feingold?  21 Senate Democrats (plus Chaffee and Jeffords, not to mention a *majority* of House Democrats) voted against the war:

Senate roll call on Iraq War

My mistake,,,,,,,,,I was referring to all of the Democratic Senators running except Feingold and he's not running anymore. It was poorly worded.  My apologies. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies