Plea to the Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:25:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Plea to the Senate
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Plea to the Senate  (Read 2195 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 02, 2006, 04:02:57 PM »

I feel I should be impeached for my identity falsification that occured from May 2003-August 2004.  Others have expressed this view as well, in so many words.

it's the height of irony that Boss Tweed is the one proposing the motion.

That would be hypocricy, not irony, given that he did one thing and is now wanting to punish someone for doing the same thing.

I ask the senate to hold a formal impeachment trial and vote to remove me from the position of Attorney General.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 04:35:52 PM »

Not that it's any of my business, but you were appointed AG long after August 2004, so I don't think your 'falsification of identity' matters at all.  I admire this gesture, though.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 04:52:25 PM »

Keep fighting the good fight, Tweed.  Your true believers know that you are innocent.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 07:48:48 PM »

Well it has been a long time since anyone has thought that you were a 38-year old waiter. You, also, came out into the open about your lie, told you who you really were and have remain a major part of the Atlasian community. So I do not think this is necessary.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 07:53:33 PM »

What the hell does Tweed being AG (in Atlasia, I assume) have to do with him lying about his age? Were there age requirments before I arrived?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 08:08:13 PM »

What the hell does Tweed being AG (in Atlasia, I assume) have to do with him lying about his age? Were there age requirments before I arrived?

Tweed called for the impeachment of Governor Joel over the latter's identity falsification, and was accused of hypocrisy for it.  This was Tweed's way of countering it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 08:10:20 PM »

Tweed called for the impeachment of Governor Joel over the latter's identity falsification, and was accused of hypocrisy for it.  This was Tweed's way of countering it.

So he wanted to have the record show that he was impeached from an office that he held awhile ago?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 09:26:31 PM »

So he wanted to have the record show that he was impeached from an office that he held awhile ago?

Now I'm confused.  Isn't Tweed the current AG?  I don't really follow fantasy politics any more.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 09:29:25 PM »

I don't think it's really necessary to impeach Tweed for lying about his age... It's not that big a deal.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 11:59:55 PM »

I am the current AG, to clear up any disclarities.

I see most people seem to be against this motion, but I ask you just to put it to a vote and not let it die in discourse, so to speak.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 04:27:26 PM »

This isn't necessary and to proceed with it would be frivolous

'Hawk'
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »