Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 08:28:06 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Bacon King, Badger)
| | |-+  Songs you feel guilty for liking
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Songs you feel guilty for liking  (Read 6364 times)
black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2006, 12:48:59 am »
Ignore

Also when I'm at bars and parties and get really drunk, I find myself liking rap. But that's only when I'm drunk.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
bullmoose88
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2006, 01:00:34 am »
Ignore

Rocky IV Training Montage

A Socially Liberal, Fiscally Conservative NE Republican with some Left-Libertarian/3rd Way Leanings. Simply, a Rockefeller Republican.

According to one poster, I represent a...

Dying bread of Americans.
Gabu
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2006, 01:02:32 am »
Ignore

"It's Raining Men" by The Weather Girls?

Dazzleman may not be man enough to admit it, but I admit that I like that song, regardless of how gay it is for a man to enjoy it. Tongue

"To me, 'underground' sounds like subway trains.  That's the only sound I associate with 'underground'." - Everett
Senator Cynic
Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2006, 03:01:07 am »
Ignore

"Hot, Hot, Hot" by David Johanson (Buster Poindexter)... You know, the villain in "Mr. Nanny", lol... He was the Ghost of Xmas Past in "Scrooged" too.

I dunno why, it's just a great party song.

Vincent
azpol76

Political Matrix
E: 0.88, S: -2.26

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2006, 06:38:05 am »
Ignore

Shinny Happy People
Plant City Rebel
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2006, 06:11:41 am »
Ignore

The Pina Colada Song--I can't remember who sings it, I can't help but sing along.   Tongue

Current PM Scores:
Economic score: +2.65
Social score: +2.35
MODU
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2006, 10:13:33 am »
Ignore

ABBA rock. No shame in that. Best pure-pop band ever.

I like ABBA too, although I'm not too fond of Dancing Queen like I was when I was younger. They have much much better songs.

You two really should have grown up in my era.  Smiley  I'm just upset that I never got to see them in concert back then.  I do remember wasting a few hours in Singapore watching the ABBA movie at a local lounge.  It was funny hearing their songs sung by a few drunk locals with their heavy Chinese accents.  hahaha

The Pina Colada Song--I can't remember who sings it, I can't help but sing along.   Tongue

Which one?  "I've got two pina coladas, one for each hand..." or "If you like pina coladas..."

Attention bloggers:  Join SeededBuzz and gain access to thousands of new readers.  Simply paste a link and summary of your article for community members to link back to, drawing more activity to your site.  Membership is FREE!

Visit MODU's Musings

"Anybody who doesn't appreciate what America has done and President Bush, let them go to hell." - Betty Dawisha, Iraqi vote
Plant City Rebel
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2006, 01:15:48 pm »
Ignore

Actually both of them  Smiley 
However the one I was thinking of was the "If you like Pina Coladas..."

Current PM Scores:
MODU
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2006, 07:40:16 am »
Ignore

Actually both of them  Smiley 
However the one I was thinking of was the "If you like Pina Coladas..."

That's a good song.  It tells a very funny story.  Smiley

Attention bloggers:  Join SeededBuzz and gain access to thousands of new readers.  Simply paste a link and summary of your article for community members to link back to, drawing more activity to your site.  Membership is FREE!

Visit MODU's Musings

"Anybody who doesn't appreciate what America has done and President Bush, let them go to hell." - Betty Dawisha, Iraqi vote
Platypus
hughento
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2006, 08:11:16 am »
Ignore

That song is one of three that makes me automatically change stations, along with "Funky Cold Medina" by Tone-Loc and that Panic! At the Disco song about closing the god-damned door.

Plant City Rebel
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2006, 11:57:56 am »
Ignore

That song is one of three that makes me automatically change stations, along with "Funky Cold Medina" by Tone-Loc and that Panic! At the Disco song about closing the god-damned door.

Funny, that's how I feel about that stupid "So you had a bad day" song......

Current PM Scores:
Beet
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2006, 12:57:03 pm »
Ignore

Nothing, really. By the time I get to feeling guilty about liking a song, I usually stop liking it.

There are some songs which I like otherwise but have lyrics which I dislike. However, I dont usually take the lyrics too seriously in songs.

Yates
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.54

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2006, 03:32:40 pm »
Ignore

Chain Hang Low.

Former Vice President of Atlasia
Author, America: 2000-2016 http://www.uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=50575.360
MODU
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2006, 03:37:36 pm »
Ignore

Of course, I should add that I love "Barbie Girl" by Aqua, more for the fact that it annoys everyone who hears it than because it's a good song.  hahaha

Visit MODU's Musings

MaC
Milk_and_cereal
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2006, 04:45:45 pm »
Ignore

Funny, that's how I feel about that stupid "So you had a bad day" song......

the person who wrote that bad-day song should be brutally torutured.

Anyways, another that's starting to grow on me-that Vonage phone commercial song.

Faster than a legally fired bullet.
More powerful than railroaded legislation.
Able to leap giant bureaucracy in a single bound.

It's an anarchist.  It's a free marketer.

It's... It's...        Super Libertarian
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2006, 11:41:17 pm »
Ignore

Ok...I have to come clean. I found a new song that I like. I heard it on the radio and, while it has some weird lyrics, I have to admit that it is a good one. I'm going to hate myself for this one:

"This ain't a scene, its a God damn arms race" - Fall Out Boy

The soon-to-be-re-elected Kings of Kansas.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2006, 04:41:46 pm »
Ignore

Depends on whether I'm sober or not. Ply me with booze and watch yours truly dance to some of the most godawful Europop trash you can imagine. U96 and Boney M don't sound all that bad after seven pints of ale.

Other than that, I do have a soft spot for Haddaway's "What Is Love", purely for nostalgic reasons. There's also a few J-pop songs I quite like. Not sure whether I should feel guilty about it, but it does tend to pull me down in people's coolness rankings.
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2006, 04:42:58 pm »
Ignore

That song is one of three that makes me automatically change stations, along with "Funky Cold Medina" by Tone-Loc
Aww why? That's a classic. I love that one. Not ashamed of it though, by no means.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Plant City Rebel
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2006, 04:47:42 pm »
Ignore

That song is one of three that makes me automatically change stations, along with "Funky Cold Medina" by Tone-Loc
Aww why? That's a classic. I love that one. Not ashamed of it though, by no means.

We have a station out of Tampa that plays it non stop for 24 hours one day out of the year........ It starts out being kinda fun.....then after the 5th or 6th time.........not so much so.

Current PM Scores:
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2006, 04:50:41 pm »
Ignore

We have a station out of Tampa that plays it non stop for 24 hours one day out of the year........ It starts out being kinda fun.....then after the 5th or 6th time.........not so much so.
LOL, I once played Smells Like Teen Spirit twenty times in a row without tiring off it... but I didn't repeat it, either.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2006, 04:54:25 pm »
Ignore

LOL, I once played Smells Like Teen Spirit twenty times in a row without tiring off it... but I didn't repeat it, either.

I did that too! But I was about 13 at the time.
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2006, 04:55:46 pm »
Ignore

I did that too! But I was about 13 at the time.
Yeah, me too. Well... 14, I guess. Smiley

Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2006, 07:02:44 pm »
Ignore

Actually, speaking of cheesy music, I happen to think that "The Winner Takes It All" by Abba is a fricking great song. Make of that what you wish.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2006, 07:16:07 pm »
Ignore

Actually, speaking of cheesy music, I happen to think that "The Winner Takes It All" by Abba is a fricking great song. Make of that what you wish.

That's pretty bad, man. Grin  I have to admit to liking a couple of Abba songs, but not that one.  I like "Fernando" and "Waterloo."

You gotta admit it's a great heartbreak song, though.
Beet
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2006, 07:23:14 pm »
Ignore

Christmas music makes my heart go pitter-patter, pitter-patter. Oh so ssssweeet.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout