Songs you feel guilty for liking (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:59:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Songs you feel guilty for liking (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Songs you feel guilty for liking  (Read 9714 times)
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« on: December 23, 2006, 04:41:46 PM »

Depends on whether I'm sober or not. Ply me with booze and watch yours truly dance to some of the most godawful Europop trash you can imagine. U96 and Boney M don't sound all that bad after seven pints of ale.

Other than that, I do have a soft spot for Haddaway's "What Is Love", purely for nostalgic reasons. There's also a few J-pop songs I quite like. Not sure whether I should feel guilty about it, but it does tend to pull me down in people's coolness rankings.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 04:54:25 PM »

That song is one of three that makes me automatically change stations, along with "Funky Cold Medina" by Tone-Loc
Aww why? That's a classic. I love that one. Not ashamed of it though, by no means.

We have a station out of Tampa that plays it non stop for 24 hours one day out of the year........ It starts out being kinda fun.....then after the 5th or 6th time.........not so much so.
LOL, I once played Smells Like Teen Spirit twenty times in a row without tiring off it... but I didn't repeat it, either.

I did that too! But I was about 13 at the time.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 07:02:44 PM »

Actually, speaking of cheesy music, I happen to think that "The Winner Takes It All" by Abba is a fricking great song. Make of that what you wish.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 07:16:07 PM »

Actually, speaking of cheesy music, I happen to think that "The Winner Takes It All" by Abba is a fricking great song. Make of that what you wish.

That's pretty bad, man. Grin  I have to admit to liking a couple of Abba songs, but not that one.  I like "Fernando" and "Waterloo."

You gotta admit it's a great heartbreak song, though.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 07:51:37 PM »

That's pretty bad, man. Grin  I have to admit to liking a couple of Abba songs, but not that one.  I like "Fernando" and "Waterloo."

You gotta admit it's a great heartbreak song, though.

I hate heartbreak songs.  It's one step above a Barbra Streisand song.

I think there's a distinction that has to be drawn between genuine heartbreak songs and BS heartbreak songs. Bearing in mind that the Abba song was written and recorded when both couples were going through a divorce, hence it being the only unfeigned thing they ever recorded. In fact, it makes the whole thing even more moving - it's like "Ok, we've been doing bullcrap pop music until now, but now we have to be honest with each other."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies