Nym90 Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:34:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Nym90 Administration
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Nym90 Administration  (Read 2378 times)
W in 2004
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 27, 2004, 02:13:21 PM »

I am new to the atlas forum, so I do not know much about the Nym90 Administration.  What are some of the accomplishments of the Administration?  Why did Nym90 fail to be reelected?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 02:21:46 PM »

He wasn't re-elected because of the rise of the confusees
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 02:23:33 PM »

I am new to the atlas forum, so I do not know much about the Nym90 Administration.  What are some of the accomplishments of the Administration?  Why did Nym90 fail to be reelected?

I'm not sure I could really highlight many of the accomplishments under the Nym administration, but I can tell you that the reason he lost reelection is because of the meteoric rise of the UAC.  The UAC grabbed a large number of former republicans and some conservative democrats and rallied them together.  There was nothing that Nym did that led to his loss.  
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2004, 02:30:28 PM »

President Nym made a number of controversial decisions that, a long with the organization of his opposition, led to his defeat at the polls.  He refused to support a very moderate piece of abortion legislation that would restrict late-term abortions.  He also said that not only would he not support the death penalty, but he would not support it "under any circumstances".
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2004, 02:36:16 PM »

President Nym made a number of controversial decisions that, a long with the organization of his opposition, led to his defeat at the polls.  He refused to support a very moderate piece of abortion legislation that would restrict late-term abortions.  He also said that not only would he not support the death penalty, but he would not support it "under any circumstances".

Spin on
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2004, 02:40:54 PM »

Spin on

lol... gotta admit the Kid's good at it! Cheesy
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2004, 02:43:55 PM »

Aguably, Nym would have won if he signed the First Boss Abortion Act.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2004, 04:17:51 PM »

Aguably, Nym would have won if he signed the First Boss Abortion Act.

That may be true.  The first place vote wouldn't have changed much, but had he signed the Boss Tweed Abortion bill he may have received more of the second place votes from republican voters.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2004, 04:20:30 PM »

I think Ben would have stuck with him.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2004, 04:21:09 PM »

I can't get used to that blue avatar under your name, BT
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2004, 06:10:42 PM »

I think Ben would have stuck with him.

I could well have done so, but its a red line issue and when President Nym (whom i think is personally a great guy and a very important member of the forum) offered only the most lax and liberal of stands on abortion and a number of other issues i was sadly unable to support him any longer, but that said it took me a very long time to finally end my "suffering in silence"...
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2004, 06:25:23 PM »

Nym failed due to his lack of keeping Peter Bell away and running Dunn off. And allowing the UAC joke to rise to power.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2004, 06:53:54 PM »

Nym failed due to his lack of keeping Peter Bell away and running Dunn off. And allowing the UAC joke to rise to power.

Since when the heck is it a president's duty to halt the rise of a perfectly legitimate political party?
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2004, 07:33:29 PM »

Well, on abortion, my stance is, and always has been, that I support illegalizing late term abortions except in cases of life and health of the mother. So it's completely false to say that I opposed illegalizing late term abortions. I failed to support the bill because it illegalized abortion after the 3rd month. I would have supported illegalizing it after the 5th month. So Al's right, it's definitely spin to say that I opposed illegalizing late term abortion. This is also not the most liberal and lax of all postions. I oppose legal late term abortions except to save the life or health of the mother. I do not feel that illegalizing abortion after the 3rd month is a good idea, as many women do not know that they are pregnant until 6-8 weeks in anyway, and if they work full time and live far from an abortion clinic, one month's time to get the abortion performed may not be sufficient. I support the 5 month cutoff because this is the earliest that a fetus has ever been born and survived outside the womb.

Yes, I do oppose the death penalty in all circumstances. I feel that it is morally wrong. Others may disagree, and that's fine, but I would have rather lost the election than compromise my strongly held moral convictions.

In retrospect, if I hadn't endorsed Boss Tweed, I probably would have won. If I hadn't endorsed him, he very well might have lost, and thus never would have introduced the bill, and thus I wouldn't have lost the swing voters over this issue. Oh well, I guess that's the way politics works.

Of course, if I had known at the time that he was more conservative than .Andrew, I would have endorsed .Andrew.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2004, 07:36:32 PM »

It should also be noted that an abortion bill that I would have signed (illegalizing abortion after 5 months except in the cases of mother's life and health) was then proposed, but nobody voted on it, preventing me from signing it. Despite my repeated calls for the Senate to vote, there was no action. It's not my fault the Senate didn't act.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2004, 07:37:21 PM »

How did I run Dunn off, and how did Peter Bell's support hurt my chances? He seems to be a pretty well respected member of the Forum, overall.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2004, 07:49:41 PM »

How did I run Dunn off, and how did Peter Bell's support hurt my chances? He seems to be a pretty well respected member of the Forum, overall.

Peter Bell was the leader of the Civil War! You support him? Shocked Shocked Shocked
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2004, 09:07:52 PM »

Peter Bell?  Oh, you must be referring to Lord High Executioner.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2004, 09:48:47 PM »

He was defeated because he had the balls to stand up for what he thought was right.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2004, 09:52:14 PM »

He was defeated because he had the balls to stand up for what he thought was right.

Yes, that's right.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2004, 09:53:23 PM »

Texasgurl, get on AIM.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2004, 10:58:33 PM »

In retrospect, if I hadn't endorsed Boss Tweed, I probably would have won. If I hadn't endorsed him, he very well might have lost, and thus never would have introduced the bill, and thus I wouldn't have lost the swing voters over this issue. Oh well, I guess that's the way politics works..

Name the voter that you swung with your endorsment.

I doubt your endorsment mattered.  I doubt any of your endorsements have ever mattered.  
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2004, 10:59:13 PM »

Peter Bell was the leader of the Civil War! You support him? Shocked Shocked Shocked

I didn't support that, of course not. He was granted amnesty for his actions, though. And he voted for me, that's what I meant by support. I feel that he is still a good and active member of the Forum, he's not a troll at all.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2004, 09:00:03 AM »

In retrospect, if I hadn't endorsed Boss Tweed, I probably would have won. If I hadn't endorsed him, he very well might have lost, and thus never would have introduced the bill, and thus I wouldn't have lost the swing voters over this issue. Oh well, I guess that's the way politics works..

Name the voter that you swung with your endorsment.

I doubt your endorsment mattered.  I doubt any of your endorsements have ever mattered.  

What about my managment of you camapaign after you had refused to campaign?
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2004, 04:09:18 PM »

Are you talking to Tweed or me, Ben?

Tweed, you may be right, you may have won anyway, I don't know if my endorsement mattered or not. But it might have at least given Democrats pause and caused them to at least consider .Andrew, if I had endorsed him instead.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies