Obama eyes Presidential bid
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:11:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama eyes Presidential bid
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Obama eyes Presidential bid  (Read 10124 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2006, 10:42:45 AM »

I'll give Obama credit for something - Great peformance on Monday Night Football.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2006, 12:12:35 PM »

Edwards was thought to be too inexperienced when he had 6 years in the senate. Obama running with 4 years behind him? Nah...I don't think the climate is right for change anyway, people need some experience to reassure them. Who is the least experienced president of modern times?

Abraham Lincoln had the same amount of experience as Obama when he was elected President.

That was then Wink

Basically, I like Obama but his lack of experience may go against him. If he goes for it in 2008, he goes for it, if he doesn't he doesn't. Should he be the Democratic nominee, I'd gladly root for him but not until Wink

Dave

And George Bush only had six years as Governor as experience when he was appointed President.

Seems times haven't changed all that much since Lincoln's day, huh, Dave? Wink

In the grand scheme of things, 6 years as governor counts for more than 4 years as a senator.

NOT when you're Govenor of the state of Texas. Bush did virtually FA in his six years in office.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2006, 12:24:55 PM »

I'll give Obama credit for something - Great peformance on Monday Night Football.

Yes! I thought that was so funny when I saw it.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2006, 01:17:31 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Hmm, the president is at 30% approval and the Democrats just swept the Republicans out of Congress last month.........and you don't think the country is in the mood for change???

Depends on what you mean by change. I don't think people feel secure enough to throw everything aboard and jump into the abyss. That doesn't mean they're not ready for change in the sense that they may want to throw out incumbents. But look at 2006. Was this about "change" in the sense of choosing something completely new? Some Republicans were knocked off because of scandals, but generally the new Democrats were not crazy mavericks, but experienced politicians (Webb is a glaring exception of course, but given his military back-ground, still not a shot in the dark).
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2006, 02:01:13 PM »

Deano, do you actually think you are intelligent ?
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2006, 06:59:33 PM »

Edwards was thought to be too inexperienced when he had 6 years in the senate. Obama running with 4 years behind him? Nah...I don't think the climate is right for change anyway, people need some experience to reassure them. Who is the least experienced president of modern times?

Abraham Lincoln had the same amount of experience as Obama when he was elected President.

That was then Wink

Basically, I like Obama but his lack of experience may go against him. If he goes for it in 2008, he goes for it, if he doesn't he doesn't. Should he be the Democratic nominee, I'd gladly root for him but not until Wink

Dave

And George Bush only had six years as Governor as experience when he was appointed President.

Seems times haven't changed all that much since Lincoln's day, huh, Dave? Wink

In the grand scheme of things, 6 years as governor counts for more than 4 years as a senator.

NOT when you're Govenor of the state of Texas. Bush did virtually FA in his six years in office.

I think you'll find I redressed that statement shortly after making it Wink

Dave
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2006, 08:30:05 PM »

I think you'll find I redressed that statement shortly after making it Wink

Oops, my bad - that'll teach me to read the WHOLE thread in the future. Wink

See? He got your vote already. PA's in the bag, baby! Wink

Seriously though, I hope he runs AND wins. He's the closest thing to JFK America has had since, well, JFK.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2006, 08:30:11 PM »

See? He got your vote already. PA's in the bag, baby! Wink

Seriously though, I hope he runs AND wins. He's the closest thing to JFK America has had since, well, JFK.

RFK?

Anyway I still have my doubts about Obama (actually all Democrats), but he's clearly far more desirable (to me anyway) than whatever the GOP put up.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2006, 08:45:06 PM »

I don't know, so far he's made all the right noices but what does it really mean, he has a David Cameron like quality in that (except Obama's speeches are better, grander and less totally bland and gimmicky).

What, for example, is his position on general foreign policy issues, will he continue the current US policy of fostering it's patent rights laws across the world (something I'm strongly opposed to) as most of the previous US govts have done? What will he do about Osama? etc.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2006, 08:52:59 PM »

ON my way home from work tonight, both Michael Reagon on Channel 144 and John Gibson on Channel 145 were terrified of Obama. They were both pleading with Republicans to nominate a "moderate" Republican like John McCain or Rudy Guiliani if they wanted a chance to beat Obama.

No bullsh*t.
Deano963

« Reply #110 on: December 12, 2006, 10:06:49 PM »

ON my way home from work tonight, both Michael Reagon on Channel 144 and John Gibson on Channel 145 were terrified of Obama. They were both pleading with Republicans to nominate a "moderate" Republican like John McCain or Rudy Guiliani if they wanted a chance to beat Obama.

No bullsh*t.

Hmmm......smart Republicans on the radio? I've never encountered such a thing.

Blasphemy, I say. Wink
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2006, 10:08:01 PM »

No bullsh*t.

Haha. Of course McCain isn't moderate, and Guiliani will probably implode in the primaries.
Iosif

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2008, 09:35:41 AM »

Hillary is going to slap him back down to planet Earth. I'm going to love watching that primary.

My guess, you'll just continue to whine......

Or I'll just sit back and enjoy Hillary owning him.

Hillary is going to slap him back down to planet Earth. I'm going to love watching that primary.

Listening to Republicans make predictions about Democratic primaries is hilarious.

It is hilarious that Hillary will be able to beat someone in a Presidential race. Too bad for you guys that it will only be a primary.

Haha, Phil's anti-Obama rage has convinced me that he's the right choice. Republicans are terrified of this guy.

In all honesty, I am fairly confident that he'd be beaten. There is much more to Obama than some "centrist," well spoken, young Senator. You watch. Part of me hopes you nominate him.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2008, 12:50:32 PM »

This won't win my heart, Iosif.

Looking back on it, I'm definitely glad that Obama was nominated. Hillary would be in a better position now if she was the nominee.

Anyway, keep this type of stuff up. I smell another warning from Dave concerning the harassment.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2008, 01:04:21 PM »

This won't win my heart, Iosif.

Looking back on it, I'm definitely glad that Obama was nominated. Hillary would be in a better position now if she was the nominee.

Anyway, keep this type of stuff up. I smell another warning from Dave concerning the harassment.

re-reading this thread, it made me quite glad that you are not St. Peter.  Smiley
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2008, 01:15:44 PM »

Damn, everything I wrote on this thread back in 2006 was spot on. 
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2008, 01:35:21 PM »

this isn't harrassment.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #117 on: October 19, 2008, 07:52:29 PM »

No but the trolling elsewhere is. This just shows that he has some personal obsession with me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies