Obama eyes Presidential bid
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:44:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama eyes Presidential bid
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Obama eyes Presidential bid  (Read 10128 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2006, 08:26:42 PM »

Edwards was thought to be too inexperienced when he had 6 years in the senate. Obama running with 4 years behind him? Nah...I don't think the climate is right for change anyway, people need some experience to reassure them. Who is the least experienced president of modern times?

That last election could have fooled me about the climate Huh
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2006, 08:28:22 PM »

Except those people have actually been involved in certain areas.

John "Weathervane" McCain has been in the Senate for 22 years and I don't know here he stands on barely anything. He seems to go whichever way the wind is blowing.

What does John McCain stand for??
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2006, 08:28:53 PM »

None of the candidates in either party have come out with specific proposals yet.  People should quit  asking what Obama "stands for" unless they want to ask the same thing about McCain, Romney, Brownback, Thompson, etc.

Except those people have actually been involved in certain areas. Barack Obama goes to Kenya and it is the biggest deal in the world. You bet people should ask him what he stands for because all we have seen was him going on trips, campaigning and hearing him say stuff like, "America can hope! Audacity of Hope - buy it online or stop in your local Barnes and Noble..."

Yeah because Rick Santorum didn't hawk books or anything...
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2006, 08:29:54 PM »
« Edited: December 11, 2006, 08:34:35 PM by TheresNoMoney »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Hmm, the president is at 30% approval and the Democrats just swept the Republicans out of Congress last month.........and you don't think the country is in the mood for change???
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2006, 08:31:43 PM »

My guess, you'll just continue to whine......

Or I'll just sit back and enjoy Hillary owning him.

Except those people have actually been involved in certain areas.

John "Weathervane" McCain has been in the Senate for 22 years and I don't know here he stands on barely anything. He seems to go whichever way the wind is blowing.

What does John McCain stand for??

McCain doesn't have accomplishments? McCain didn't pass one of the most notable campaign finance laws in this country's history? McCain hasn't been a key Senator no matter what the issue has been? You are kidding yourself.

Yeah because Rick Santorum didn't hawk books or anything...

At least Santorum worked while he was in the Senate. Obama's accomplishments: book and a trip to Kenya.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2006, 08:37:31 PM »

Quote from: Restricted

Hmm, the president is at 30% approval and the Democrats just swept the Republicans out of Congress last month.........and you don't think the country is in the mood for change???

Almost a sig worthy quote ain't it?
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2006, 08:38:52 PM »

Or I'll just sit back and enjoy Hillary owning him.

Sounds good to me.

McCain doesn't have accomplishments? McCain didn't pass one of the most notable campaign finance laws in this country's history?

Republicans hate the McCain-Feingold Law.

At least Santorum worked while he was in the Senate. Obama's accomplishments: book and a trip to Kenya.

Yeah, let's see how much the Republicans accomplish while in the minority. Let's see what freshman Republican Senator Bob Corker accomplishes his first two years in the Senate as a member of the minority party.

Phil, you're smarter than that.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2006, 08:43:52 PM »

Republicans hate the McCain-Feingold Law.

Uh, that doesn't mean it is not an accomplishment. I hate it, too, but I don't use that as an excuse. If were going by that, I guess many, many liberal Dems don't have accomplishments because we hate what they have done.  Roll Eyes

You make winning way too easy.

The clear difference being that I won't be advocating Corker for the Presidency. I won't say that Corker is some accomplished leader. You basically win arguments for me. I love how you concede that Obama has only been in the Senate for two years with no accomplishments...yet you are going crazy about how great he'll be as President.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2006, 08:45:32 PM »

I love how you concede that Obama has only been in the Senate for two years with no accomplishments...yet you are going crazy about how great he'll be as President.

In my opinion, there is very little link between a politician's time in the Senate and his potential as a President. Abraham Lincoln had the same amount of experience that Barack Obama has, and JFK only had slightly more.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2006, 08:46:27 PM »

Not so much.
Deano963

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2006, 08:47:48 PM »

Hillary is going to slap him back down to planet Earth. I'm going to love watching that primary.

Listening to Republicans make predictions about Democratic primaries is hilarious.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2006, 08:48:59 PM »

Abraham Lincoln had the same amount of experience that Barack Obama has, and JFK only had slightly more.

Scoonie, Obama is no Abe Lincoln or Jack Kennedy.

In all seriousness, how did JFK only have slightly more? He served in the House for three terms and a term and a half in the Senate.
Deano963

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2006, 08:49:32 PM »

Question to Obama supporters:

What exactly does Obama stand for in terms of ideology and not rhetoric?

Why don't you make an efort to look up his positions?

And secondly, how many well-known politicians (for example, Giuliani) do you know exactly or even have a good idea of where they stand in ideology?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2006, 08:49:57 PM »

Hillary is going to slap him back down to planet Earth. I'm going to love watching that primary.

Listening to Republicans make predictions about Democratic primaries is hilarious.

It is hilarious that Hillary will be able to beat someone in a Presidential race. Too bad for you guys that it will only be a primary.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2006, 08:50:48 PM »

You can take comfort in how good their predictions were for the 2006 elections.

People laughed at me in 2005 when I said that Jon Tester would win. I said that Jim Webb had a chance to win before macacca happened. I said that anything less than 3 pickups would be a big disappointment.

Deano963

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2006, 08:51:53 PM »

Yes.

In any case, there's really no reason to run Obama as veep.

2016.  That's when we need Obama.  2008 is too early.

2016 is too late, and no one wants your hero Hillary. Tongue

I'm pretty sure that 2008 will be a "change" election rather than an "experience" election. Obama's relative inexperience can be spun into a positive, given the current political climate.

I disagree. With the state of war, we have to have a strong leader and a hawk on defense. McCain has experience. What the hell did Obama do? I know one thing he did...lie about serving his full six year term.

Yes - that's exactly what we need - a new President in 2008 whose position on Iraq is the same as George Bush. Putting another person who dosen't understand that invading Iraq was the worst strategic mistake in the history of U.S. is exactly what we need......
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2006, 08:53:22 PM »

I said that Jim Webb had a chance to win before macacca happened.

Before that, Webb wasn't going to win so don't pat yourself on the back too hard there.
Deano963

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2006, 08:53:42 PM »

Edwards was thought to be too inexperienced when he had 6 years in the senate. Obama running with 4 years behind him? Nah...I don't think the climate is right for change anyway, people need some experience to reassure them. Who is the least experienced president of modern times?

Abraham Lincoln had the same amount of experience as Obama when he was elected President.

And he is widley regarded as the best President in United States history.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2006, 08:54:05 PM »

It is hilarious that Hillary will be able to beat someone in a Presidential race.

I will agree with you there! I feel confident that Obama can beat her in the Democratic primary.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2006, 08:55:40 PM »

Before that, Webb wasn't going to win so don't pat yourself on the back too hard there.

Maybe not, but my political instincts regarding the 2006 elections were as good or better than anybody else's on this board.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2006, 08:56:19 PM »

It is hilarious that Hillary will be able to beat someone in a Presidential race.

I will agree with you there! I feel confident that Obama can beat her in the Democratic primary.

Uh, no, you took that in the wrong way. I'm saying it is funny how she can actually win something related to the Presidency, not that predicting her win is funny.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2006, 08:59:12 PM »

Haha, Phil's anti-Obama rage has convinced me that he's the right choice. Republicans are terrified of this guy.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2006, 09:00:18 PM »

Abraham Lincoln had the same amount of experience as Obama when he was elected President.

That was then Wink

Basically, I like Obama but his lack of experience may go against him. If he goes for it in 2008, he goes for it, if he doesn't he doesn't. Should he be the Democratic nominee, I'd gladly root for him but not until Wink

Dave
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2006, 09:01:22 PM »

Haha, Phil's anti-Obama rage has convinced me that he's the right choice. Republicans are terrified of this guy.

In all honesty, I am fairly confident that he'd be beaten. There is much more to Obama than some "centrist," well spoken, young Senator. You watch. Part of me hopes you nominate him.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2006, 09:01:35 PM »

Yes, they are. They can't stop talking about him. All the right-wing talk shows and Fox News are talking about him nonstop as well.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies