Obama eyes Presidential bid
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:33:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama eyes Presidential bid
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Obama eyes Presidential bid  (Read 10121 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2006, 09:02:34 PM »

Haha, Phil's anti-Obama rage has convinced me that he's the right choice. Republicans are terrified of this guy.

Yes, they are. They can't stop talking about him. All the right-wing talk shows and Fox News are talking about him nonstop as well.

He's an interesting guy. Plus, we like to become acquainted with our enemies.  Wink
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2006, 09:03:22 PM »

Basically, I like Obama but his lack of experience may go against him.

I don't think it will.  People are looking for a fresh start and a new face.
Deano963

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2006, 09:03:28 PM »

Hillary is going to slap him back down to planet Earth. I'm going to love watching that primary.

Listening to Republicans make predictions about Democratic primaries is hilarious.

It is hilarious that Hillary will be able to beat someone in a Presidential race. Too bad for you guys that it will only be a primary.

Given your track record (I seem to remember you were still confidently predicitng that Santorum would win reelection on Nov. 7th) on forecasting elections, I will give as much weight to your prediction as it rightly deserves.

In other words, none at all.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2006, 09:04:05 PM »

In all honesty, I am fairly confident that he'd be beaten. There is much more to Obama than some "centrist," well spoken, young Senator. You watch. Part of me hopes you nominate him.

Sure. You're more scared of Hillary, right? Wink

Obama is a once-in-a-lifetime candidate. You should take him very, very seriously.
Deano963

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2006, 09:07:06 PM »

Haha, Phil's anti-Obama rage has convinced me that he's the right choice. Republicans are terrified of this guy.

Rob that is so funny - I was just about to post the same thing!

Seriously , I think the fact that so many Republicans are freaking out and are trying to argue him down shows that they are scared of him and is appeal. Kind of like how Democrats do the same thing with John McCain (although McCain actually will be a weak candidate b/c of his Iraq position).

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2006, 09:08:15 PM »

Given your track record (I seem to remember you were still confidently predicitng that Santorum would win reelection on Nov. 7th) on forecasting elections, I will give as much weight to your prediction as it rightly deserves.

That's funny because I predicted every other Senate race correctly.

Sure. You're more scared of Hillary, right? Wink

I would have been scared of Warner and I would have even considered voting for him. I'd be somewhat scared of Bayh if he somehow won the nomination.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2006, 09:09:07 PM »

Seriously , I think the fact that so many Republicans are freaking out and are trying to argue him down shows that they are scared of him and is appeal.

I have always seriously worried about a Kucinich/McKinney landslide...
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2006, 09:13:54 PM »

Obama does have proven appeal Wink to Republicans but then his opponent was Alan Keyes Tongue and the state is Illinois

Dave
Deano963

« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2006, 09:15:01 PM »

Edwards was thought to be too inexperienced when he had 6 years in the senate. Obama running with 4 years behind him? Nah...I don't think the climate is right for change anyway, people need some experience to reassure them. Who is the least experienced president of modern times?

Abraham Lincoln had the same amount of experience as Obama when he was elected President.

That was then Wink

Basically, I like Obama but his lack of experience may go against him. If he goes for it in 2008, he goes for it, if he doesn't he doesn't. Should he be the Democratic nominee, I'd gladly root for him but not until Wink

Dave

And George Bush only had six years as Governor as experience when he was appointed President.

Seems times haven't changed all that much since Lincoln's day, huh, Dave? Wink
Deano963

« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2006, 09:16:15 PM »

Show me the link.

Deano963

« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2006, 09:19:08 PM »

Seriously , I think the fact that so many Republicans are freaking out and are trying to argue him down shows that they are scared of him and is appeal.

I have always seriously worried about a Kucinich/McKinney landslide...

What does that idiotic statement have to do with what I said about Obama?

OOoooooooooooh.....I get it. You can't argue my point about Obama so you throw out the names of two unpopular Democrats to try to change the subject.

The kiddie table is at www.freerepublic.com Phil. If you can't talk with adults, I suggest you go there.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2006, 09:19:49 PM »

Edwards was thought to be too inexperienced when he had 6 years in the senate. Obama running with 4 years behind him? Nah...I don't think the climate is right for change anyway, people need some experience to reassure them. Who is the least experienced president of modern times?

Abraham Lincoln had the same amount of experience as Obama when he was elected President.

That was then Wink

Basically, I like Obama but his lack of experience may go against him. If he goes for it in 2008, he goes for it, if he doesn't he doesn't. Should he be the Democratic nominee, I'd gladly root for him but not until Wink

Dave

And George Bush only had six years as Governor as experience when he was appointed President.

In the grand scheme of things, 6 years as governor counts for more than 4 years as a senator. Mind you, I've never thought George W Bush up to the job of being president in the first place, but that's me - merely one opinion among many

Dave
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2006, 09:19:57 PM »

Obama does have proven appeal Wink to Republicans but then his opponent was Alan Keyes Tongue and the state is Illinois

Dave

Personally, as far as I'm concerned, if a Texas placeholder with no political experience prior to that position could be vaulted to the presidency, there's no reason why Obama can't as well.

In the grand scheme of things, 6 years as governor counts for more than 4 years as a senator.

Why?  Bush did basically absolutely nothing of note during his time as governor.  You don't get valuable experience just taking up space in an elected position.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2006, 09:22:11 PM »

Dave

Personally, as far as I'm concerned, if a Texas placeholder with no political experience prior to that position could be vaulted to the presidency, there's no reason why Obama can't as well.

sh**t, of course, the Governor of Texas is gubernatorially weak. Just reaffirms my view that George W Bush wasn't up to the job of being president in the first place

Dave
Deano963

« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2006, 09:22:57 PM »

That was then Wink

Dave

In the grand scheme of things, 6 years as governor counts for more than 4 years as a senator. Mind you, I've never thought George W Bush up to the job of being president in the first place, but that's me - merely one opinion among many

Dave

6 years as Govenror would be a good background if he had been a good Governor, but he wasn't. He was a terrible one.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2006, 09:24:34 PM »

I look for intelligence and judgement ahead of experience in a presidential candidate.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2006, 09:25:49 PM »

6 years as Govenror would be a good background if he had been a good Governor, but he wasn't. He was a terrible one.

Don't know about terrible, probably mediocre, just like his presidency

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2006, 09:26:26 PM »

I look for intelligence and judgement ahead of experience in a presidential candidate.

Stellar qualities to have, I'd say

Dave
Deano963

« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2006, 09:32:29 PM »

Dave

I think you're either overly, overly generous or delsuional to say that this Presidency has been "mediocre". It's been an incompetent disaster at best.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2006, 09:34:50 PM »

Dave

I think you're either overly, overly generous or delsuional to say that this Presidency has been "mediocre". It's been an incompetent disaster at best.

Come on, you know fine well, flattery on my part, towards W isn't exactly forthcoming. I ain't one to blow sunshine where the sun don't shine Tongue

Dave
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2006, 09:36:55 PM »

Definitely. If this continues, expect some "concern troll"-types like Jacob Weisberg (who argued that Lamont's primary win spelled disaster for the Democrats) and Al From to start writing panicky editiorials, telling the Dems that Obama would be a disaster and we should nominate Hillary instead. Roll Eyes

Kind of like how Democrats do the same thing with John McCain (although McCain actually will be a weak candidate b/c of his Iraq position).

Agreed. Barack would smash McCain among independents and self-described moderates.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2006, 09:43:21 PM »

Show me the link.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=45197.msg1035261#msg1035261

Oh, I just can't wait until you spin your way out of that one!  Smiley

What does that idiotic statement have to do with what I said about Obama?

OOoooooooooooh.....I get it. You can't argue my point about Obama so you throw out the names of two unpopular Democrats to try to change the subject.

The kiddie table is at www.freerepublic.com Phil. If you can't talk with adults, I suggest you go there.

Yes, because in your opinion, pointing out weaknesses equates to fear of the mentioned candidates so why shouldn't the same be applied to Kucinich/McKinney?

Deano, I have talking with the adults here for a very long time. You are one of the recent additions, widely regarded as one of the premier annoyances. Please don't lecture me on where to go. Thanks.

P.S. - I'll continue winning arguments while I'm at it and you'll continue your whiny, nasty comments towards everyone.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2006, 09:49:40 PM »

"Santorum by less than one point."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2006, 09:53:02 PM »

How does that make all of my other predictions incorrect?
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2006, 09:55:03 PM »

Those Pennsylvania Republicans just got some badly inaccurate internals, that's all Wink. Either that ... or folk were lulling the Santorumites into a false sense of security

Dave
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies