Obama eyes Presidential bid
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:00:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama eyes Presidential bid
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Obama eyes Presidential bid  (Read 10211 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2006, 09:56:38 PM »

How does that make all of my other predictions incorrect?

It doesn't, it's just hilarious.  It's not an accomplishment anyway because dozens of people here picked every seat correctly.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2006, 09:58:19 PM »

How does that make all of my other predictions incorrect?

It doesn't, it's just hilarious.  It's not an accomplishment anyway because dozens of people here picked every seat correctly.

I'm not calling it a great accomplishment. Deano was saying my record of predicting races is so horrible so I decided to throw that out there.

And Tweed, I honestly hope you enjoy being an asshole. You'll get what you deserve someday.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2006, 09:59:02 PM »

And Tweed, I honestly hope you enjoy being an asshole. You'll get what you deserve someday.

Judgement day?  Or before that?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2006, 10:00:20 PM »

Both.
Soaring Eagle

« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2006, 10:01:57 PM »

Both.

God is a conservative Republican?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2006, 10:03:56 PM »

Both.

Right because that has everything to do with Tweed simply being an asshole.  Roll Eyes
Soaring Eagle

« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2006, 10:06:01 PM »

Both.

Right because that has everything to do with Tweed simply being an asshole.  Roll Eyes

Yes, I would say it does.
Deano963

« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2006, 10:17:01 PM »

LOL!!!!!

You're right Phil - you sure predicted them all correctly!!

ROTFLMAO!!!

Just for the record, I posted some predictions in this thread awhile back - https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=43670.0 - I'll be commenting on a few of those races in this post but for those that I don't mention I want everyone to know that I stick with my predictions.

Connecticut - As recent polls have confirmed, Lieberman is favored to win this one and with some breathing room, too. When all is said and done, Joe is re-elected by over five points.

Independent pickup

Rhode Island - Chafee just isn't as strong as Whitehouse. It's going to stay close but the Dems will celebrate a narrow victory and a pickup. I'll say Whitehouse by two.

Dem pickup

New Jersey - Kean is gaining ground and while Menendez has the money to get his message out (make every connection he can between Bush/GOP establishment and Kean), he must fight off a federal investigation. I say that Kean wins this one by three points.

GOP pickup

Maryland - Smart move going with Cardin. Steele cannot attract enough black votes to contend with Cardin's advantage among white Dems. Cardin by eight to ten points.

Dem hold

Virginia - Allen has screwed up a bit and Webb is proving himself to be a fine candidate but the GOP will hang on. No double digit win for the first term Senator but a fairly comfortable margin of victory - Allen by six.

GOP hold

Tennessee - Ford is picking up steam but it is not enough. Conservative Republicans might stay home on Election day since there is no competitive Governor's race and Corker is far from their favorite (we all know how I feel about Mr. Corker, too). Ford also benefits from Bredesen being on the ticket and an anti-GOP feeling this year. All those things considered, though, I still think Corker wins this one with ease. Corker by eight.

GOP hold

Ohio - State GOP is in terrible shape, Strickland's coattails, DeWine is a weak campaigner, Brown is an energetic candidate...there was one point earilier in the year when I thought the GOP wouldn't have to worry about this seat. I believed that the Dems made a mistake by going with Brown but it turns out that a number of things have helped out Brown and the Dems in general in the Buckeye State. Mike DeWine is not like the Junior Senator from Pennsylvania - he won't turn this race around but it'll be close (if that means anything to a state party that will be hit with major defeats this year) - Brown by four.

Dem pickup

Missouri - I think this seat will be cursed with close races forever. In 2000, Aschcroft lost to Carnahan by roughly two points. Because of Missouri law the seat was up again just two years later due to the appointment of Carnahan's wife. Jean lost the seat by about two points to Talent. Now four years later we find yet another close race in the Show Me State. The polls have told us that the lead is flipping back and forth and no candidate is ever up by much. I have a feeling that Talent will be able to pull through - Talent by four.

GOP hold

Pennsylvania - He's staying, guys. Santorum wins by two three to four points.

GOP hold

Montana - Burns will catch up (he is almost down by double digits) but it won't be enough. Montanans think it's Tester time...and it should be entertaining. He might not look like your typical Senator but come November he'll be sitting in the most elite club in the country (and some would argue the most elite in the world). How quickly will the Tester hair fashion spread? Tester wins by three.

Dem pickup

The final breakdown will be:

GOP - 53
Dem - 45
Ind - 2*

*Two Independents (Sanders and Lieberman) will caucus with the Dems. There will be at least one official Independent (Sanders). It has yet to be seen whether or not Lieberman will officially align himself as a Dem or just as an Independent caucusing with the Dems. Regardless, the final breakdown, in my current prediction, will be 53 Republicans - 47 Dems/Inds

Nice job showing your predictions from three days before the Elections, Hack. The difference between me and you is that I made all of the correct predictions (including Santorum losing) months before the election, when you only changed yours in the last few days to reflect evolvoing CW b/c you can't predict worth a damn on your own and also to avoid embarrassment for your earlier terrible predictions.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2006, 10:17:38 PM »

lol..left himself wide open for that one.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2006, 10:25:54 PM »

LOL!!!!!

You're right Phil - you sure predicted them all correctly!!

ROTFLMAO!!!

Nice job showing your predictions from three days before the Elections, Hack. The difference between me and you is that I made all of the correct predictions (including Santorum losing) months before the election, when you only changed yours in the last few days to reflect evolvoing CW b/c you can't predict worth a damn on your own and also to avoid embarrassment for your earlier terrible predictions.

So my final predictions are bad because they were done a few days before the election...like everyone else? And if I was all about the evolving CW, I would have said Santorum was done. I honestly don't care if you got all of them correct. Your point was that I had a horrific prediction record and I showed you that my predictions for the Senate race were correct with the exception of PA.

Predicting things months before the election means nothing, by the way. You can't tell us exactly what would happen that far ahead without lucky guesses.
Deano963

« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2006, 10:26:26 PM »

Yes, because in your opinion, pointing out weaknesses equates to fear of the mentioned candidates so why shouldn't the same be applied to Kucinich/McKinney?

LOL.

Again simple logic is lost on you Hack. You try to change the subject to two pols who are completely irrelevant to the toipic b/c you are not intelligent enough to repsond to something I said. Phil, you're pathetic, and the best part is that you are putting it all out there for everyone to see just how ignorant you are. Keep it up buddy!! Smiley

Deano, I have talking with the adults here for a very long time. You are one of the recent additions, widely regarded as one of the premier annoyances. Please don't lecture me on where to go. Thanks.

Like I said Phil, the kiddie table is that way. Go over there before you embarrass yourself again. You shouldn't try to argue with adults.

P.S. - I'll continue winning arguments while I'm at it and you'll continue your whiny, nasty comments towards everyone.

I'll let you know if you ever win an argument against me Phil. Up until this point, you haven't. But keep telling yourself that your idiotic ramblings about Dennis Kucinich and Cynthia McKinney (wtf??) qualify as an intelligent argument and that they won you an argument. Your fantasy dream land you live in is a strange place indeed.......

Keep the idiocy coming Phil! I love it!:)
Deano963

« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2006, 10:29:39 PM »

Good job on the New Jersey prediction there, genius.

What happened?

Let me guess - little Kean Jr. jumped ahead in one or two polls in early September and you got all antsy-pantsy and excited?

That's so cute.......
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2006, 10:30:56 PM »

LOL.

Again simple logic is lost on you Hack. You try to change the subject to two pols who are completely irrelevant to the toipic b/c you are not intelligent enough to repsond to something I said. Phil, you're pathetic, and the best part is that you are putting it all out there for everyone to see just how ignorant you are. Keep it up buddy!! Smiley

You said the pointing out weaknesses means people are afraid. Everyone points out the weaknesses of those two therefore we must be afraid of their chances. It's really quite simple. Sit down, little boy, and think about what you said and then read what I said.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Eh, whatever you say. I am far more respected here than you are. You are widely regarded as simply a nasty, flame throwing hack and nothing more.  

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sure thing, pal. Way to have a kind tone for a debate. Question - Have you been kind to anyone that disagrees with you?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2006, 10:32:27 PM »

Good job on the New Jersey prediction there, genius.

What happened?

Let me guess - little Kean Jr. jumped ahead in one or two polls in early September and you got all antsy-pantsy and excited?

That's so cute.......

So what do you say to the respected forum members that also predicted a Kean victory at that point?
Deano963

« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2006, 10:34:46 PM »

LOL.

You said the pointing out weaknesses means people are afraid. Everyone points out the weaknesses of those two therefore we must be afraid of their chances. It's really quite simple. Sit down, little boy, and think about what you said and then read what I said.

I can't believe you are still trying to spin your ignorance and inability to argue against me about Obama as something that has anything whatsoever to do with what we were talking about. Your childish behavior gets funnier all the time.

You must REALLY like getting creamed in arguments, b/c it is all I ever see you do.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2006, 10:36:00 PM »

LOL.

I can't believe you are still trying to spin your ignorance and inability to argue against me about Obama as something that has anything whatsoever to do with what we were talking about. Your childish behavior gets funnier all the time.

You must REALLY like getting creamed in arguments, b/c it is all I ever see you do.

Oh, wait, I see. So pointing out problems with Obama means fear but for anyone else it isn't? Makes sense, hacko.  Roll Eyes
Deano963

« Reply #91 on: December 11, 2006, 10:40:10 PM »
« Edited: December 11, 2006, 10:49:21 PM by Deano963 »

LOL.

Oh, wait, I see. So pointing out problems with Obama means fear but for anyone else it isn't? Makes sense, hacko.  Roll Eyes

I'm sorry girlie....what is the topic of this thread.....is it "Obama eyes Presidential bid" or "Cynthia McKinney eyes Presidnetial bid"? I thought so.

You talking about her would be as stupid as me bringing up Tom Delay in the same conversation.

The difference is I am smart enough to realize this. You, on the other hand........not so much.

UPDATE
Phil: Another thing that sets us apart is that I do not go crying to the moderator when I lose an argument like you do.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2006, 11:20:15 PM »

Deano, you'll never mature. Such a pity.  Roll Eyes
Deano963

« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2006, 11:29:50 PM »

I'm sorry girlie....what is the topic of this thread.....is it "Obama eyes Presidential bid" or "Cynthia McKinney eyes Presidnetial bid"? I thought so.

Yup. Just what I predicted you would say. Smiley

Out of your league, Phil.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #94 on: December 11, 2006, 11:38:19 PM »

No, hacko, the point remains that whether you are talking about Obama or Clinton or McKinney or Bayh or whoever, you said that when people bring up weaknesses that they are truly afraid of that candidate. Why would that just be the case for Obama? It makes no sense, child. I win again. Deal with it.
Deano963

« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2006, 11:50:37 PM »
« Edited: December 11, 2006, 11:52:37 PM by Deano963 »

No, hacko, the point remains that whether you are talking about Obama or Clinton or McKinney or Bayh or whoever, you said that when people bring up weaknesses that they are truly afraid of that candidate. Why would that just be the case for Obama? It makes no sense, child. I win again. Deal with it.

You are so uneducated an incapable of making an intellignet argument that I am literally crying b/c I am laughing so hard.

I'll say it again Phil - out of your league. Smiley

You lose - again. For the millionth time.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2006, 12:02:38 AM »

You are so uneducated an incapable of making an intellignet (sic) argument that I am literally crying b/c I am laughing so hard.

As opposed to figuratively?  Gleeful pleasure simply at being correct and another being incorrect sounds like some sort of issue you may want to get checked out, especially considering your well-documented issues with anger.  Normal people don't react to just being correct like that.  Were you educated of this?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2006, 12:32:29 AM »
« Edited: December 12, 2006, 12:35:09 AM by Gabu »

You are so uneducated an incapable of making an intellignet argument that I am literally crying b/c I am laughing so hard.

Is this supposed to be an "intellignet" argument?  Maybe I just need to uneducate more incapables.

UPDATE
The above is still not an "intellignet" argument.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2006, 02:03:32 AM »

So...anyone watch 12 Oz. Mouse? Love that show.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2006, 10:15:54 AM »

Deano was saying my record of predicting races is so horrible so I decided to throw that out there.

Obama is overrated. Though he'll easily win in November, it won't be by 25-30 points.

You were right on that one, Phil. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies