Tom DeLay trying to help 2008 Republican Candidates in Congress
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:23:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Tom DeLay trying to help 2008 Republican Candidates in Congress
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tom DeLay trying to help 2008 Republican Candidates in Congress  (Read 981 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 11, 2006, 11:32:28 AM »

DeLay getting back into the political game

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay is building a national political organization with the goal of having a chapter in every Congressional District, as the Texas Republican seeks to restore his party to power in 2008.

DeLay, who resigned from Congress last year to fight charges that he violated Texas campaign finance law, is using a blog to recruit conservatives to join the Grassroots, Action, and Information Network (GAIN).

"If the past two election cycles have taught us anything, it's that a strong, focused, and activated grassroots network is key to achieving victory," DeLay said in a statement announcing his new effort. "This entire operation is designed around finding conservative individuals in each congressional district and motivating them to act on behalf of our principles."

DeLay said his goal to become "the largest truly grassroots conservative organization in the United States."

------

My question to you is will he be more of a hindrance or a help to 2008 Republican Congressional-wannabes?

Discuss
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 11:58:52 AM »

DeLay would help Republicans the most by disappearing off the face of the earth forever.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 05:47:44 PM »

DeLay would help Republicans the most by disappearing off the face of the earth forever.

Do you think anyone really cares whether Tom DeLay runs a grass-roots organization?
Deano963

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 06:12:36 PM »

DeLay will probably be in prison before his goal of forming the largest grassroots conservative organization in the U.S. comes true. He is irrelevant.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 07:22:52 PM »

Do you think anyone really cares whether Tom DeLay runs a grass-roots organization?

I doubt it would exactly help a Republican candidate for his opponent to be able to say "my opponent is the candidate of Tom DeLay".
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 08:29:01 PM »

I doubt it would exactly help a Republican candidate for his opponent to be able to say "my opponent is the candidate of Tom DeLay".

Who's Tom DeLay?
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 09:32:19 PM »

Who's Tom DeLay?

A has-been Wink, a never-was Tongue,  ... if only Roll Eyes

Dave
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies