Bush says he "will not be rushed" to develop a strategy in Iraq
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:27:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bush says he "will not be rushed" to develop a strategy in Iraq
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bush says he "will not be rushed" to develop a strategy in Iraq  (Read 978 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 13, 2006, 04:12:39 PM »

It's been almost four years and it keeps getting worse. I think he should rush.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 04:14:55 PM »

What a failure of a president.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 04:18:52 PM »

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 04:19:39 PM »

I can't honestly say which is better: rushing into a new strategy and making things worse, or continuing to aimlessly "stay the course" and make things worse.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 04:21:38 PM »

I think we've already been aware of the fact that he will not be rushed to develop a strategy in Iraq, given that it took four years just for Rumsfeld to get ejected.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 04:24:36 PM »

Aww I'm thinking for two now. Tongue
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 04:25:36 PM »

There's certainly a problem if you're nearly four years into a war and you're still developing a strategy.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 04:33:22 PM »

Mr. Bush, while you wait, our troops keep getting picked off and another family loses a loved one.  How many more car bombings that kill 50 people are we going to have to hear about before you do something?  How many more troops are going to have to be buried before you make up your mind?  I've tried to be patient, but my patience and the patience of the American people is quickly running out.  You can't just sit by and enjoy your Christmas when countless families will have one less person at their Christmas Dinner table and countless families will have to face a flag-draped coffin and endure another funeral of their son, or their daughter, or their father, or their mother, brother, sister, best friend.  What you must do, do quickly, and quit stalling.

Congressional Democrats and Republicans:
I recommend getting everybody out of there by January 1, 2009.  Our babying the Iraqi military needs to have a stopping date.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 05:04:54 PM »

It seems that we only rush into wars; not out of them.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 05:57:52 PM »

Mr. Bush, while you wait, our troops keep getting picked off and another family loses a loved one.  How many more car bombings that kill 50 people are we going to have to hear about before you do something?  How many more troops are going to have to be buried before you make up your mind?  I've tried to be patient, but my patience and the patience of the American people is quickly running out.  You can't just sit by and enjoy your Christmas when countless families will have one less person at their Christmas Dinner table and countless families will have to face a flag-draped coffin and endure another funeral of their son, or their daughter, or their father, or their mother, brother, sister, best friend.  What you must do, do quickly, and quit stalling.

I recommend getting everybody out of there by January 1, 2009.  Our babying the Iraqi military needs to have a stopping date.

Rubbish. Lets change the USAs motto.

"Welcome to America : Leave your spine on the front step"
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 06:00:46 PM »

Mr. Bush, while you wait, our troops keep getting picked off and another family loses a loved one.  How many more car bombings that kill 50 people are we going to have to hear about before you do something?  How many more troops are going to have to be buried before you make up your mind?  I've tried to be patient, but my patience and the patience of the American people is quickly running out.  You can't just sit by and enjoy your Christmas when countless families will have one less person at their Christmas Dinner table and countless families will have to face a flag-draped coffin and endure another funeral of their son, or their daughter, or their father, or their mother, brother, sister, best friend.  What you must do, do quickly, and quit stalling.

I recommend getting everybody out of there by January 1, 2009.  Our babying the Iraqi military needs to have a stopping date.

Well, I do certainly have to admit that it takes balls to start a war when you have no clue what you're doing.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 06:03:34 PM »

I am really hoping that since the Dems won last month we finally have a Congress that will do something to try to improve Iraq.

That's all I'm hoping for. That the Democrat Congress isn't content, like the Republican one was, in letting our soldiers and innocent Iraqi civilians be murdered every day.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2006, 06:07:53 PM »

Well, I do certainly have to admit that it takes balls to start a war when you have no clue what you're doing.

Who had no clue what they were doing? I think it may be you have no clue what you're opposing. But it's understandable, most left wingers are very simple minded individuals and take a very simplistic world view.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2006, 06:58:36 PM »

Four years is rushing?

You'd think after four years, even a monkey could develop a plan.
Deano963

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2006, 07:18:39 PM »

God forbid the incompetent moron is rushed into doing anything that involves the daily, pointless loss of the lives of American soldiers.
Deano963

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2006, 07:24:17 PM »
« Edited: December 13, 2006, 07:31:19 PM by Deano963 »

most left wingers are very simple minded individuals and take a very simplistic world view.

You know what's terribly ironic about what you just said (and I'm sure it went straight over your head) is that in trying to describe liberals (and failing miserably, I might add) you just accurately described George W. Bush to a T - a very simple-minded person who has a very simplistic world view of black and white, good vs. evil, right and wrong, (however you want to say it) with no brain matter inbetween his ears able to comprehend that things are not that simple and there is a middle ground.

And you are also ridiculously off if you are calling Gabu a "left winger".
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2006, 11:00:40 PM »

It's been almost four years and it keeps getting worse. I think he should rush.

lol, my thoughts exactly.  If this had been 2004 that response might be at least somewhat tolerable.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2006, 11:07:27 PM »

Who had no clue what they were doing? I think it may be you have no clue what you're opposing. But it's understandable, most left wingers are very simple minded individuals and take a very simplistic world view.

it's not only the left though.  Most Americans oppose the war.  Most Americans originally favored the war.  We shouldn't base policy on public opinion because the public does have a simple-mided veiw based upon what major media networks tell them.  However, giving that Bush's mission was to find Saddam and find WMDs and that he's already accomplished the first objective and failed the second, and that there's not even an attempt by the administration to withdraw now that our mission objectives are over, we should at least plan withdrawl.  Withdrawing is not losing, leaving our best troops to be killed by radicals is losing.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2006, 11:34:10 PM »

Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2006, 11:48:25 PM »

I wonder if he will come up with a strategy before all the Iraqis are dead.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2006, 03:42:24 AM »

I wonder if he will come up with a strategy before all the Iraqis are dead.

Hey, the GOP was content to allow our soldiers die every day over there. The only reason pretty much all Republicans are screaming for change in Iraq now is cause they no longer have Congress.

Yeah, I've been a lot more cynical and pissed off lately.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies