Sen. Tim Johnson (D-SD) may have suffered a stroke... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:02:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Sen. Tim Johnson (D-SD) may have suffered a stroke... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sen. Tim Johnson (D-SD) may have suffered a stroke...  (Read 4152 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 13, 2006, 04:32:30 PM »

life is delicate

it hangs by a thread
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 07:13:09 PM »

I can't help but feel that the fact it was the top story of NBC's Nightly News and they were discussing political ramifications of his resignation or death (another networks too) something is really wrong.

Of course something is "really wrong"; the poor man has just had a stroke for Christ's sake...

Stop acting like a Goddamned vulture.

Somewhere in America today, a mother and a father buried an only son that was cut down in his youth…yet the rest of the world didn’t pause. 

Somewhere in America today, a daughter died of parental abuse, but the rest of the world simply turned the channel.

I have never been to a funeral where the rest of world didn't keep carrying on with life.  And I have been on my way to hospitals only to look outside the car window to see life's onward march.  And I missed the passage of scripture that requires a political correct stoppage of time.

Since most of us on this forum are far removed from Senator Johnson, all we can do is offer a prayer and move on with life.

If Senator Johnson can’t continue in office, someone will be appointed in due time to take his place.  Life will continue.  All of us are expendable.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 12:36:16 PM »

Reports now appear to be good and that he's recovering fairly well. He's responding to his wife's voice and was holding her hand and following directions.

"He will join us, or die" 

Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies