Sen. Tim Johnson (D-SD) may have suffered a stroke... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:43:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Sen. Tim Johnson (D-SD) may have suffered a stroke... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sen. Tim Johnson (D-SD) may have suffered a stroke...  (Read 4194 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« on: December 13, 2006, 05:49:06 PM »

Ideal situation:

Senator Johnson is okay and fully recovers but decides the senate is too much stress for him and resigns (everybody wins)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 06:26:27 PM »

our hopes and prayers march with him.

What a way to lose the senate if he were (god forbid) to die, or step down...
should he step down and rounds appoints a Republican, I hope democrats accross the country engage in riots.

I hope so too as they would look retarded
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 06:41:04 PM »

I can't help but feel that the fact it was the top story of NBC's Nightly News and they were discussing political ramifications of his resignation or death (another networks too) something is really wrong.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 08:55:53 PM »

I can't help but feel that the fact it was the top story of NBC's Nightly News and they were discussing political ramifications of his resignation or death (another networks too) something is really wrong.
I disagree.  When something like this happens, the media has to speculate to keep interest.

jmfcst is right-- Somehow I dont think Johnson cares all that much right now if the media is speculating about this or that or not. When you have a brush with medical emergency, one surprising thing can be how casually the world goes about its business, as if nothing was happening. In Johnson's case, it's a little different-- he is simply reminded of how much his worth to the 'public' society as a human being is tied up through his position as a Senator.

I don't think my comment really was talking about how Johnson feels, I was going under if they had good news they'd tell us theory
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies