Control of the 110th Senate could be in Republican hands (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:03:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Control of the 110th Senate could be in Republican hands (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Control of the 110th Senate could be in Republican hands  (Read 9526 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« on: December 14, 2006, 05:47:40 PM »

I hope Johnson gets better, and if he doesnt does not resign unless Rounds appoitns a Democrat. If he doesn't agree to appoint a Democrat, Johnson should stay in that seat until 2008 even if he does not ever go to Washington.

If he were not there to vote in January for reorganization, would that not mean that the GOP would win the election of a majority leader?
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 09:08:31 PM »

I think that Rounds should do exactly what Roy Barnes did.  Appoint a very very moderate member of his own party.  Someone call the moving van to help Lincoln Chafee move to Sioux Falls Smiley
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 12:19:06 AM »

I think that Rounds should do exactly what Roy Barnes did.  Appoint a very very moderate member of his own party.  Someone call the moving van to help Lincoln Chafee move to Sioux Falls Smiley

Didn't Chafee say he was gonna switch parties?

It sounded like he might consider it in the future, but he hasn't jumped ship yet.  That's why he's a FF, and not the HP he would be if he gave in to the enemy.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 11:04:08 AM »

He would be a HP if he became a Democrat because extreme nutballs in your party drove him away??

For the record, I've never called the opposite party the enemy. Smiley

In addition, I don't see why someone would go from massive FF to massive HP just because their opinion of which party they fit in changed, when their actual views didn't change at all.

When someone is fighting along side you in the trenches, he is an FF.  When he decides that he wants to go fight for the opposition and start hurling arrows back at you (as he would presumably be used by the Dems to defeat moderate Republicans), that would make him a huge HP.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies