States which are the least likely to have all their counties go to one candidate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:52:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  States which are the least likely to have all their counties go to one candidate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: States which are the least likely to have all their counties go to one candidate  (Read 7874 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« on: December 20, 2006, 10:28:49 AM »

The closest to a Dem sweep.

Jim Blanchard (D) v. Bill Lucas (R), 1986:

Blanchard won 68/31. Including a 73/26 win in Lucas' home county (Wayne).

God bless Ottawa county Smiley
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 09:25:38 PM »

Until Bredesen's re-election, I would have said TN. Amazing that a Dem carried every county in E. Tennessee. Good job Phil!

What a sad mandate for murder.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 02:40:50 AM »

Until Bredesen's re-election, I would have said TN. Amazing that a Dem carried every county in E. Tennessee. Good job Phil!

What a sad mandate for murder.

I assume you're referring to the TennCare cuts, which really made me angry as well. What was really dumb about them was that TN is surrendering two dollars in federal money for every one dollar it is saving in state money. I'm sure there are forty-nine other states that won't mind taking that federal cash.

Exactly.  And he ran in 2002 on using his health care management experience and business acumen to fix TennCare.  Instead, he used the state sales tax winfall to make himself look fiscally responsible and turned around and cut people's health care safety net out from under them.  What a (D)ope.

He's so personally wealthy that he cannot and does not understand the struggles of the most needy Tennesseans.  Unfortunately, neither do the majority of Tennesseans - as was proved by the results of the election.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 03:47:31 PM »

I agree with you that Bredesen is way too conservative. Unfortunately Tennessee probably isn't going to elect a liberal governor.

Fortunately, Tennessee probably isn't going to elect a latte-sipping, manhattan-loving ideological "liberal".  We have, however, had Governors who were passionate about civil rights, cared about issues like health care and jobs, and supported a progressive income tax (that I personally dont' support).  We have a name for that kind of Governor, and that name was "Republican".
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 06:12:39 PM »

I agree with you that Bredesen is way too conservative. Unfortunately Tennessee probably isn't going to elect a liberal governor.

Fortunately, Tennessee probably isn't going to elect a latte-sipping, manhattan-loving ideological "liberal".  We have, however, had Governors who were passionate about civil rights, cared about issues like health care and jobs, and supported a progressive income tax (that I personally dont' support).  We have a name for that kind of Governor, and that name was "Republican".

LOL  I often wonder if you're actually serious when you write stuff like that.

In any case, are you trying to refer to incompetent fools like Don Sundquist?

I'm referring to Governor Lamar Alexander, who is well-regarded in the black community and appointed the first African-American justice on the state supreme court.  I'm referring to both Alexander and Governor Sundquist who did support and fight for a progressive income tax.  Don Sundquist was faced with a difficult political situation and may have made some mistakes, but he was anything but incompetent.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies