Schlesinger, kind of a shame (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:42:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Schlesinger, kind of a shame (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Schlesinger, kind of a shame  (Read 4776 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« on: December 18, 2006, 04:34:04 PM »

You folks from Connecticut know more about him than me.  But in the various TV and radio interviews with Schlesinger during the last campaign, I was impressed.

No, I wouldn't have voted for him.  I'm a liberal.  He's a conservative.  But I thought he represented conservatism very well and gave a good accounting of himself in debates.  Did I miss something?

It's kind of a shame Republicans (including the higher-ups in the party) didn't support him.  He still wouldn't have won, but he's surely not going to win anything from here on out.

I realize Connecticut prefers moderate Republicans like Chris Shays.  But I don't think Schlesinger was a nut job like Jim DeMint or "Man on Dog".
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 05:07:04 PM »

Schlesinger was actually rather moderate; he was pro-choice and less supportive of the Iraq War than Lieberman. It's a shame that his party backstabbed him.

I had no idea he was pro-abortion rights.  Good for him.  Then he made tremendous sense for Connecticut.  And yes, he really did get shivved in the shower by his own party.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 04:06:57 PM »

Connecticut elected Joseph Lieberman, actually, not Adolf Hitler.

You dont have to be Hitler to be a murderous bloodthirsty warmongering piece of human trash.

And yes Liebergoon is a warmongering piece of human trash.

Whoa!  That's pretty harsh.

I disliked Lieberman, not because he voted for the war.  So did Kerry, Clinton, Edwards, Hagel, Smith and a lot of Senators from both parties who have not been pleased with how it's being fought.

What I hated about Lieberman was his staunch refusal to question or criticize the commander in chief.  There is nothing more un-American.  People like Harry Truman and Theodore Roosevelt both advocated criticizing the sitting administration in wartime.  Lieberman was wrong, wrong, wrong to lock arms with Bush.

That said -- a war monger piece of trash?

If it weren't for his closeness to Beelzebush on the war, what differences would we have with Joe?  Would those differences be any more substantial than our differences with Byron Dorgan, Mary Landrieu or Ben Nelson?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies