Casey says he may be "too old" to run in 2010
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:05:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Casey says he may be "too old" to run in 2010
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Casey says he may be "too old" to run in 2010  (Read 7478 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2006, 03:38:48 PM »

Assuming Casey doesn't run in 2010 though, it makes sense. If a Democrat wins in 2010, there will be no open Democratic primary until 2018. Of course he'll be the same age as Rendell in 2000 then so it's hardly too old, but whatever. Casey would have a chance in 2014 though if a Republican wins.

I don't know who the Democrats would run without Casey. Tom Corbett would make a pretty good candidate for the Republicans though.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2006, 05:02:49 PM »

About the title - it is wrong. My apologies. However, my point about him lying about serving two terms is my opinion on the matter. My response to BRTD was to show that while Casey is saying he may be too old in 2018, he has an excuse to run in 2010, breaking his full term pledge. I honestly believe that Casey is a candidate for Governor in the next election. If he is not, it looks good for the GOP. Then, as BRTD points out, Casey would have a perfect occassion to run.

I don't know who the Democrats would run without Casey. Tom Corbett would make a pretty good candidate for the Republicans though.

There are a number of candidates on the Dem side that would run. Allegheny county Executive Dan Onorato is seen as a rising star who is interested in the job.

Corbett is rumored to be considering a run and he'd be a good nominee but we have some other good candidates who are looking into it (one of which I cannot name. It's not who you think it is, Flyers. Tongue )

*tries to care*

Sorry, I can't. The only things I do care about:

1-Rick Santorum will soon no longer be in the Senate
2-Harry Reid will soon by Majority Leader

I don't expect or want you to care. I'm just pointing this out as a legitimate complaint from the GOP in 2010.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2006, 05:47:03 PM »

From out west, the Democrats who would run for Governor are Onorato, Bill Peduto (if he is elected mayor in 2007, which I don't think is likely because Ravenstahl will win the primary).
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2006, 11:32:02 AM »

About the title - it is wrong. My apologies. However, my point about him lying about serving two terms is my opinion on the matter. My response to BRTD was to show that while Casey is saying he may be too old in 2018, he has an excuse to run in 2010, breaking his full term pledge. I honestly believe that Casey is a candidate for Governor in the next election. If he is not, it looks good for the GOP. Then, as BRTD points out, Casey would have a perfect occassion to run.

There are a number of candidates on the Dem side that would run. Allegheny county Executive Dan Onorato is seen as a rising star who is interested in the job.

Corbett is rumored to be considering a run and he'd be a good nominee but we have some other good candidates who are looking into it (one of which I cannot name. It's not who you think it is, Flyers. Tongue )

*tries to care*

Sorry, I can't. The only things I do care about:

1-Rick Santorum will soon no longer be in the Senate
2-Harry Reid will soon by Majority Leader

I don't expect or want you to care. I'm just pointing this out as a legitimate complaint from the GOP in 2010.

Ah, I get your point now.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies