*sigh* Another black Republican down (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:40:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  *sigh* Another black Republican down (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: *sigh* Another black Republican down  (Read 18279 times)
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« on: December 20, 2006, 02:27:23 PM »

Maybe it wasn't the color of his skin but the content of his character.

Don, did you agree with the Memphis people who said the 9th congressional seat should go to an AfAm? I, for one, am fairly pleased about Cohen, though he needs to shut up about any more lotteries.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 03:13:05 PM »

Don, did you agree with the Memphis people who said the 9th congressional seat should go to an AfAm? I, for one, am fairly pleased about Cohen, though he needs to shut up about any more lotteries.

Of course you are pleased about Cohen.  He's white, Democratic, and liberal, what more could you ask for?

I couldn't care less what color he is, Don.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 05:33:36 PM »

Don- I just meant I like Cohen, for the most part. I think he's pretty straightforward for a politician, and yes, he's a liberal on social issues, and moreso than his predecessor in D9, though I have a lot of respect for him, too.

Joe- I don't really believe Harold Ford Jr. lost because of his race. Of course in a really close race, one could find at least 25 different reasons someone lost a race. I, for one, think Ford lost more for his marital status than his race. I pretty much think that the vast majority of people voting in TN wouldn't vote Dem at all if they really thought a black person shouldn't be a Senator.

Though it certainly was an opportunity for an African American to advance. It's a Republican state. Aside from Bredesen, no other Democrat has come as close to winning a statewide race in TN since Al Gore was our Senator.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies