*sigh* Another black Republican down (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:44:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  *sigh* Another black Republican down (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: *sigh* Another black Republican down  (Read 18289 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: December 19, 2006, 02:18:33 PM »

Why, exactly, should America care about the office of Vermont state auditor?  I doubt even most Vermonters care, or even know who this guy is.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 05:23:43 PM »

However, I must raise a concern when I feel that an opportunity for advancement of African-Americans has been squandered.

Like the TN Senate race, for example.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 05:44:28 PM »
« Edited: December 20, 2006, 05:50:04 PM by Joe Republic »

Joe- I don't really believe Harold Ford Jr. lost because of his race. Of course in a really close race, one could find at least 25 different reasons someone lost a race. I, for one, think Ford lost more for his marital status than his race. I pretty much think that the vast majority of people voting in TN wouldn't vote Dem at all if they really thought a black person shouldn't be a Senator.

Though it certainly was an opportunity for an African American to advance. It's a Republican state. Aside from Bredesen, no other Democrat has come as close to winning a statewide race in TN since Al Gore was our Senator.

My post was purely a dig at Don's "concern" that an opportunity to elect a black person was missed, by using the example of a situation in which he would never have supported said black person anyway.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies