Boss Tweed v DWDL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:22:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Boss Tweed v DWDL
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Boss Tweed v DWDL  (Read 2027 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 19, 2006, 12:01:57 PM »

Let it be known that Boss Tweed has petitioned the court, believing DWFL to have violated the Consolidated Criminal Justice Act, Section 1, bullet 3.

''. Voter fraud, defined as the creation of identities other than ones primary identity in Atlasia and subsequently entering this identity into the tally of registered voters.''

The case has been accepted for consideration. May I ask the plaintiff if he chooses to represent himself and if not whom will he nominate to represent him. May I also ask the same of the defendant Mr DWDL. When this is accepted and agreed may I ask the plaintiff do you have any further submissions to the court?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 12:41:30 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The bolded part never happened.  BlueDogDem was not and never has been an Atlasian citizen.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 12:46:15 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The bolded part never happened.  BlueDogDem was not and never has been an Atlasian citizen.

I am aware of that immediate interpretation, but I must let the hearings proceed. That is why I have called upon the plaintiff to submit any further information or legal document to the court for the courts attention.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 12:48:05 PM »

Oh I know, I was just adding my two cents.  I'm just shocked that I'm actually sticking up for DWDL here. Wink
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 02:02:22 PM »

I have already my comments in the other thread concerning a reading of "attempted voter fraud" into the statute.  I presume that you have already read this.  That's about all I have to say.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 02:04:21 PM »

I have already my comments in the other thread concerning a reading of "attempted voter fraud" into the statute.  I presume that you have already read this.  That's about all I have to say.

I have done. Hearing the case doesn't imply I agree or disagree with it- i'm simply hearing it as it was requested and I will tkae everything into consideration.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 02:36:18 PM »

I have done. Hearing the case doesn't imply I agree or disagree with it- i'm simply hearing it as it was requested and I will tkae everything into consideration.

Always a fair consideration.  Please continue.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 03:27:36 PM »

I'm going to drop the case.  I never believed that DWDL committed a crime, although he tried to (or as I said, "he expressed interest in it.")  I was pressured into doing this by President Cynic and it's pretty clear that he would offer no legal aid to me if the case were to proceed, so I'm going to let it go.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 03:36:52 PM »

The case has been dropped.

For the record, based on the evidence put before me at the moment I would have been of the opinion that DWDL had broken no law. If you wanna know why then I'll post it here Smiley
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 03:41:14 PM »

I was pressured into doing this by President Cynic and it's pretty clear that he would offer no legal aid to me if the case were to proceed, so I'm going to let it go.

Could you clarify what you mean by 'legal aid'?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 03:44:27 PM »

I was pressured into doing this by President Cynic and it's pretty clear that he would offer no legal aid to me if the case were to proceed, so I'm going to let it go.

Could you clarify what you mean by 'legal aid'?

Sure.  He wouldn't have helped me formulate a case or spoken before the court.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 04:35:34 PM »

I'm going to drop the case.  I never believed that DWDL committed a crime, although he tried to (or as I said, "he expressed interest in it.")  I was pressured into doing this by President Cynic and it's pretty clear that he would offer no legal aid to me if the case were to proceed, so I'm going to let it go.

I never pressured you to do it... I simply asked you if you felt charges were necessary. The choice of bringing charges was yours to make... If you needed legal help, it would've been provided for you.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 08:03:35 PM »

I never pressured you to do it... I simply asked you if you felt charges were necessary. The choice of bringing charges was yours to make... If you needed legal help, it would've been provided for you.

If there was a good argument for prosecuting DWDL, I would have been happy to make it.  But there wasn't one.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies